Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Uber CLI results

tag
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Barclays Uber CLI results

Hey everyone!

So, I called Barclays today to discuss my Uber card.  I wanted to make sure that my income was updated.  The first rep I got was pretty  useless and sounded like a scriped robot.  I asked if she had someone else I could talk with and got transfered over to Alex who was a credit analyst.  He was able to go ahead and update my income information on my account.  

We had a discussion about a credit limit increases and I decided to go ahead with the HP on it.  He assured me it was just one and tends to be TU.  He also asked what I was looking for in a limit.  I told him that Citi just gave me a SP for $2000, and I think that $2500 would be a reasonable credit limit increase.  He pulled the report and had a question for me.  He inquired about why I didn't have a credit history before around 2015.  (I had this question when I had to recon with Steve to get the card, so I was ready.)  I let him know that I had a PayPal Business Debit card that gave me a percentage back on all purchases and really didn't feel the need for a card.  And a few years ago, I wanted to work at building my credit score up and getting rewarded for proper credit management.  Apparently, that was a good answer again.  He told me that he could approve my credit request of $2500, but he was authorized to raise my limit to $5000, if I would like.  Needless to say, I went with the higher one.  It will be VERY NICE not to have to worry about how close I am to my limit each month.

This card I PIF before the bill closing date almost every month.  If I carry a balance, it's less than $50 (which was 10%).  They report my TU FICO at 751 on their app/site, but others report it higher.  

Needless to say, I'm very happy with the increase.  I always hate that waiting though to find out what the verdict is.  It's always those moments when I'm hoping, wishing, bargaining with the universe.  LOL  I'm happy that the odds were in my favor this go round.  Here's hoping they continue to be.  

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays Uber CLI results

Nice CLI there, Congrats ! ! !

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 12
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI! Great results 🎉🎉🎉

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Uber Visa CLI! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent outcome with a lender that is known to be finicky - congrats!
Message 6 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Sweet, Barclays can sometimes be very good to people Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 12
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone!  I'm pretty stoked about it.  I'd heard some Barclays horror stories on here and was worried about trying to up the limit a little bit.  Glad that they actually do value me as a cardholder.  Given the amount of food swipes I put on it each month, I'd hope so.  LOL  Smiley Very Happy

This also helps fend off the desire to apply for something.  I'm trying to hold off until February and look into a Chase card for some redemption from my early 20s.  Smiley Very Happy

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 8 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, you should have grilled him why he wanted to give you $5k when you specifically asked for$2500! The nerve of these Csrs🤨
Message 9 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Wow, you should have grilled him why he wanted to give you $5k when you specifically asked for$2500! The nerve of these Csrs🤨

"Do you know who I am?"   .."I'm Jake from State Farm"Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.