Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Uber approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays Uber approval

Was happy to get approved for the Uber card to fill in the gaps for travel and dining casback.

$500 SL
Next day CL recon approved, CLI’d to $750
Barclays pulled TU

TU: 752, 2 inq
EQ: 750, 5 inq
FICO: 745(WF)/730(dscvr)
No baddies, 0% until, 8mo AAoA, 1yr 5mo oldest account.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclays Uber approval

Congrats! What kind of credit limits do you have on your other cards? I'm interested in the Uber card but $500 limit would not work for me because of the amount of spend for dining and eating out. Is this how much Barclays usually gives for a first card?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Can't beat that 4% cash back.
Message 3 of 9
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and recon!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bees18 wrote:

Congrats! What kind of credit limits do you have on your other cards? I'm interested in the Uber card but $500 limit would not work for me because of the amount of spend for dining and eating out. Is this how much Barclays usually gives for a first card?

I'm not OP but maybe the starting line is based on income or if they are a student? I just got this card less than a month ago and was approved for a SL of $1900 with a TU pull of 689 and a very modest income. My highest card at the time was a secured with a limit of $1K. My highest limit is $12K, but that was not reporting at the time of application and is on a CareCredit card, which I don't think any prime bank would limit chase. 

Message 5 of 9
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

Thanks @nothingnew !

was this your first Barclays card and how long is your credit history ?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Barclay's. Oldest account just over 8yrs, Avg age 3y8m at time of pull, I believe. That is student loans, though. My oldest credit card is just at a year and the youngest at 5 months. The low score is due to a string of lates from 4-5 years ago on my student loans, which were rehabbed last year. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

“Re: Barclays Uber approval
Congrats! What kind of credit limits do you have on your other cards? I'm interested in the Uber card but $500 limit would not work for me because of the amount of spend for dining and eating out. Is this how much Barclays usually gives for a first card?“

Amex: 12,000
Discover: 10,500
Chase: 4,600
Cap1: 1,100

I’m not sure if it’s what they usually give for SL, but I had a feeling I just barely made it in from modest income, thin file, and so many recent accounts. I was happy to get it, and surprised at the no HP CLI recon. CSR said that since it was within 24 hours of the HP from the application, they were willing to review the file with a SP. I asked for $1000, they offered $750, I took it.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Uber Visa approval and CLI! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.