Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Visa PC and Auto CLI

tag
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

Barclays Visa PC and Auto CLI

So, I’ve had this card since 2013, when I opened it to purchase an iPhone at the Apple store with promotional financing. Until earlier this year, I carried a modest balance, but paid it in full in mid January. In early February, after an app spree netted me a few new cash back cards, I called Barclays and requested a PC to the Apple Rewards Visa, which they denied.

Early last week, I logged into the Barclays website and there was a link offering me the PC I was denied just a few weeks prior, so I accepted it.

Since the account was opened, I was stuck at the SL of $2500. I logged in today and saw that the limit had been increased to $5500!

DPs: FICO 8s as of today are 734 EQ, 717 TU, 720 EX. I’ve had 8 new revolvers since last August and one additional triple-pull that resulted in a denial a few weeks ago (for Cap1 Savor). UTI is reporting as 29%, but will be in the 20-21% range once all my new accounts report to the bureaus - I’m still waiting on Target REDcard, AmEx and Citi to report cards for which I was approved during the first week of February.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Visa PC and Auto CLI

Congrats the Credit Gods were smiling down on you!!!!

Message 2 of 9
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

Right?!? I was shocked! I had to do a double-take to make sure I wasn’t hallucinating!

I’d somehow become convinced that Barclays wasn’t particularly generous with auto CLIs, especially with their lower-tier cards. I was just about to close it, too, as I get more generous (or more flexible) rewards from other cards, particularly Discover it, Citi DC and US Bank Cash+.
Message 3 of 9
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on the AWESOME Auto CLI!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 4 of 9
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Congratulatons on the PC and the increase. I makes me wonder what goes on behind the scenes to offer your the PC after denying you earlier.

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 5 of 9
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the PC and auto CLI there

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on super rare auto luv CLI !!!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. With enough use, Barclay may offer another auto CLI. It worked out for me.

Message 8 of 9
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.