Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays recon success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays recon success

Thanks for the number!!! My decline was overturned too! 1500 CL YAY!!!!!!!

Message 51 of 63
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

I applied last night and they gave me the 7-10 day message.  They just called me this morning to ask me a few questions about my credit history and job status.  He said how much do I need and I said $2000 max so he ends the conversation with I got you approved for $2500.  Only thing that sucks is you have to make the Apple purchase within 30 days to get the 0%.  He said call back if I needed to change that.

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 52 of 63
Silent99
Established Member

I applied today and was denied. Called and tried to get a rcon and the analyst told me that I didn't have enough credit history yet for them to approve me. I have about 6 months history with 2-3 cards. Anyone have any suggestions or should I just wait?

Message 53 of 63
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 54 of 63
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Silent99 wrote:

I applied today and was denied. Called and tried to get a rcon and the analyst told me that I didn't have enough credit history yet for them to approve me. I have about 6 months history with 2-3 cards. Anyone have any suggestions or should I just wait?

Wait until you have a full year on all of your cards.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 55 of 63
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Barclay's is top notch when it comes to recon's makes me wanna apply LOL

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 56 of 63
audi_Steven06
New Visitor

I have terrible credit and a lot of inquiries. I got my denail letter for the NFL card in the mail but the reasons were so bizzarre. "low available credit on existing cards", "insufficient credit history" which is weird because I have 6+ years of credit history. It stated nothing about my charge off accts, etc. then further down the letter it stated t"The reporting agency played no part in our decision and is unable to supply..." which I thought made no sense. Anyway called 8664084064 right at 8am and talked to a nice guy, he asked about employment hx and annual income, put me on hold for 2 min. came back, asked about 2 charge offs with BoA from 2008, then said I was approved with a CL of $1,000.   yay!

Message 57 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got approved for the rewards card today with 11 on Tu and 2 open collections and 7 new accts that are only 2 months old. Did app over phone they told me I would hear something in. 30 days called recon number after I hung up and got a sweetheart of a woman that was awesome that basically hooked me up and I got 1000.00 cl. So here is something somebody could use and my fico on Tu is 614 got denied last month for it and still got approved even with all the inq and accounts!! Haha hell yea
Message 58 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry i ment 11inquiries
Message 59 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

just wasnted to share, i read this forum and took advice.

Applied for Barclay carnival 2 days ago was denied (will mail letter in 7-10 days).... checked status today still the same. I did some research and read the post in this forum and called the RECON # and spoke with a real nice rep and was approved in less than 10 mins for $1,000...... YAYYYY!

thanks for the advice

Message 60 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.