Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barely made my 90 day DIscover train

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barely made my 90 day DIscover train

Congrats AJC!!! Gotta love the luv. Especially with the way Disco has been lately. I’m hoping for my $700 increase on the 5th. I’ll probably get the you are still a virgin with this limit excuse but I’m still hopeful.

I have read a few times that once you get to a year you get a larger increase too, so maybe this next one for you will be a better one.

Either way... congrats! 🎈🎉👍🏻🎉😜🎈
Message 21 of 30
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks everybodySmiley Happy. Disco is most definetly a headscratcher for most of us. October will be interesting to say the least. Perhaps ill make it to the mythical $1500 increase lol.

LOTS of congrats to the fam on their Disco success WeedebSmiley Happy. Great hearing from you as always. Wsh all of my Fico fam lots of Disco success in the coming months. For Joe, ill probably have to pick up a "Disco Sucks" tshirt lol ( the music ?? Smiley Wink
Message 22 of 30
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

What counts AJC is that you DID make it Smiley Very Happy

Congrats!

Message 23 of 30
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thanks everybodySmiley Happy. Disco is most definetly a headscratcher for most of us. October will be interesting to say the least. Perhaps ill make it to the mythical $1500 increase lol.

LOTS of congrats to the fam on their Disco success WeedebSmiley Happy. Great hearing from you as always. Wsh all of my Fico fam lots of Disco success in the coming months. For Joe, ill probably have to pick up a "Disco Sucks" tshirt lol ( the music ?? Smiley Wink

LMAO

LOL

LMBO

(I know YOU are talking about this Joe lol)

I just saw that You lil SNEAKY AvgJoe, But that's the truth what you said about how I feel about Discover. I would wear the tshirt out in public lol. But I do have hope because I really hate closing out cards lol I have more than you know. Most people with my credit wouldn't have at least 7 of my cards lol

Message 24 of 30
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks CM7, you should have seen the conductor's face when i jump aboard as the train started rollinSmiley Wink He eeriily looked just like ME!!!Smiley Wink

Haha Joe, hopefully it wont come to that but ill tell ya, i just closed my Synchrony Sunglasshut card. It was my liwest limit, $800, highest APR 29.99%, and its already reported to TU as closedSmiley Happy. I even earned a Vantage point lolSmiley Wink. I guess Syncs spiel to keep me to keep it was to say once account closed it cant be reopened lol. Wonder what Disco wouls say to you to convince you not to close?
Message 25 of 30
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Thanks CM7, you should have seen the conductor's face when i jump aboard as the train started rollinSmiley Wink He eeriily looked just like ME!!!Smiley Wink

Haha Joe, hopefully it wont come to that but ill tell ya, i just closed my Synchrony Sunglasshut card. It was my liwest limit, $800, highest APR 29.99%, and its already reported to TU as closedSmiley Happy. I even earned a Vantage point lolSmiley Wink. I guess Syncs spiel to keep me to keep it was to say once account closed it cant be reopened lol. Wonder what Disco wouls say to you to convince you not to close?

Smiley Happy I would consider keeping if they lower my APR at least 3% and offer me a 0% on purchases Smiley Happy for a year. But I really do hope they would bump it up to $2500.00 that would be my lowest "Prime" bank card but I am dreaming one day of having a hugh SL with Discover, This is my 1st Discover ever.  Do you know if I close it do I have to wait for a year (after closing a Discover card) or just a year after the 1st ap?????????????

Thank you very much Joe-Joe Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 30
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Well Joe, Joe thinks, lol, that if you call and ask for a Apr redux you just might get it. If your year is almost up, you could probably reapp it again, though doubt youd get the double cash again. But maybe you should call and have a heart to heart.

Let them know you would like an apr redux and while you're at ask about cli. Explain to them you wanna use them more but just cant do much with your current limit. Let them know you are honestly thinking about closing the card as you feel you cant utilize it the way you want. Nothing forceful but be honest. Maybe theyll actually look at your report. Maybe not but what 's there to lose especially if you may close it anyway. Go out swingingSmiley Wink
Message 27 of 30
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Well Joe, Joe thinks, lol, that if you call and ask for a Apr redux you just might get it. If your year is almost up, you could probably reapp it again, though doubt youd get the double cash again. But maybe you should call and have a heart to heart.

Let them know you would like an apr redux and while you're at ask about cli. Explain to them you wanna use them more but just cant do much with your current limit. Let them know you are honestly thinking about closing the card as you feel you cant utilize it the way you want. Nothing forceful but be honest. Maybe theyll actually look at your report. Maybe not but what 's there to lose especially if you may close it anyway. Go out swingingSmiley Wink

that was my plan. I didn't know about the 2nd ap etc . I know some bank makes you wait for a year to apply for the same card after closing a card, I don't know what is Discover rules are etc But I do know your card has to be at least a year old for you be able to get a second card I wish I knew about if it's the same for a closed out card.

Message 28 of 30
peghede
Valued Contributor

Congrats m8 on the .5k cli, lol. im on same FREIGHT TRAIN ,90 days last one was 300 before that one 500. next in 3 weeks.

Message 29 of 30
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Haha, luv the way you put it peghedeSmiley Happy Feel down on your cli, just put a decimal before and a k after and youll be feeling like Kelloggs all day longSmiley Happy
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.