Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barf...another low Amex SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barf...another low Amex SL

I consider SPG to be just about the best transferable points program out there, in spite of its lack of bonus categories. I'm a frequent Uber user and Delta loyalist, so I figured that in addition to the signup bonus, I'd be left with plenty of good options for earnings.

However, I don't know what came over me when I decided to apply. I've had a Skymiles Gold revolver with them for a few days shy of 1 year now, which has not budged from its $1k SL, despite repeated CLI requests.

The SPG application went pending that evening, and was approved the next morning for...you guessed it...a $1k SL. I'm aware of the potential for 3X CLI, etc etc, but I'm still frustrated, depsite the fact that I should have expected this.

I'll use the SPG heavily, request after 61 days, and again 90 days after if I'm unsuccessful. If that fails, it can hang out with my socks and my Skymiles Gold Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barf...another low Amex SL

BARF!!!

Just be thankful you got approved.

What I wouldn't do for just an opportunity.

Message 2 of 12
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

The 25k star points offer is pretty good. Smiley Happy
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 12
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your new SPG and yes, the points structure is pretty good. BTW, that 61 day wait til your first CLI, is dead. You can make that CLI request as soon as you have that card in hand after activation.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@steelers1 wrote:

BARF!!!

Just be thankful you got approved.

What I wouldn't do for just an opportunity.

+1 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, op! That's a nice card to have - it'll grow well if you are good to it!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, another reason to not do business with Amex

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Why is this a reason not to do business with AMEX? Have you ever applied, were you declined?

Message 8 of 12
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why is this a reason not to do business with AMEX? Have you ever applied, we're you declined?

I have somewhat crappy limits with Amex.  ($1600 SPG, $1400 Delta.. $1000 BCP). But, I love their cards, and the rewards structure - nothing else that I have can even come close to the SPG, or BCP ..... I know that eventually they will grow, and I am fine with that..

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ysettle4 wrote:

Congrats on your new SPG and yes, the points structure is pretty good. BTW, that 61 day wait til your first CLI, is dead. You can make that CLI request as soon as you have that card in hand after activation.

Have you tried this yourself or is there data available to support this? Just wondering of course as I may be interested in making an attempt.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.