Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baxter Credit Union $14,000 Approval!

tag
AnimatorProcrastinator
Regular Contributor

Baxter Credit Union $14,000 Approval!

I have been a member of BCU for over two years and have had direct deposit with them because of their excellent checking and savings accounts. In october of 2018 they approved me for a $1,000 travel card. I had requested a CLI after about 6 months and was denied. This had frustrated me to no end as I love banking with this CU, so I decided that I would just continue banking with them and not expect anything credit-wise. Yesterday I was searching the forums for CUs with good credit cards and found First Tech Federal CU. I applied for their Choice Mastercard and was approved for $10,000! Or so I thought.... This morning I got a call at work from First Tech and was told that my income did not support the credit line Smiley Frustrated Odd, then why had they approved me with that income stated on my application? I had been really excited because this was my first 5 digit SL so it was a big let down. I then applied to Alliant, denied almost immediately 😂 I ended up checking my free credit score again on my BCU account and saw an "offer" of an 11 something percent credit card. I have no idea if BCU's "offers" are just advertisements or legitimate pre-approvals. I thought, what the heck! I already have two hard pulls with no results, why not. BOOM, approved for $10,000 at %12.5 APR! I couldn't believe it, I really thought BCU had me pegged as a bad egg. Then, I got a confirmation email saying my new credit card with $14,000 limit and %12.5 APR is on its way! I am beyond pleased with BCU  😊 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Baxter Credit Union $14,000 Approval!

Message 2 of 8
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

congrats 2.gif

AU

Message 3 of 8
AlpedHuez
Contributor

@AnimatorProcrastinator wrote:

Yesterday I was searching the forums for CUs with good credit cards and found First Tech Federal CU. I applied for their Choice Mastercard and was approved for $10,000! Or so I thought.... This morning I got a call at work from First Tech and was told that my income did not support the credit line Smiley Frustrated Odd, then why had they approved me with that income stated on my application? I had been really excited because this was my first 5 digit SL so it was a big let down. 

First Tech rescinded the approval entirely? They didn't approve you for the card with a lower SL? That's poor service by them.

Congrats on the Baxter approval though, at least it takes some of the First Tech sting away.

Message 4 of 8
AnimatorProcrastinator
Regular Contributor

The First Tech Choice rewards is minimum $10,000 SL which is why I applied for it. I wanted a large SL for a balance transfer around $3,000 and wanted to either be denied or approved for $10k. First Tech seems like a good CU, the reps I spoke to were super nice and knowledgable. Unfortunately it seems like their automatic approval system needs some work since it approved and then denied me. 

Message 5 of 8
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the new BCU card,nice starting limit and APR.

I've been a member since January and they started me at $15K.

Expect alot of video emails and an actual phone call from

the person in the video. That will be your primary

contact person. Just let them know what you want.

Congrats again

Cheers

Rereading,I see you have allready been a member for two 

years so maybe you don't have to get said videos :-)

Gotta wake my daughter up now,

Enjoy

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!!
Message 7 of 8
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.