Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bbva Compass Clear Points Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bbva Compass Clear Points Approval!

This week just keeps getting better! First a brand new car, now a good card! I got a pre-approval from BBVA compass in the mail today. It looked too promising to pass up. 0% apr for 13 months, a $100 account credit after $1500 spend in the first 90 days, and a not so bad interest rate. I had to step out of the garden. I'm glad I did because it was an instant approval with my highest SL yet ($5000, which may not be much to most, but it's wonderful considering the cards and limits I already have). Now I'm off to transfer land and to close a few of my rebuilder accounts!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bbva Compass Clear Points Approval!

#Congratulations! $5k is a lot to me. You did good! Enjoy your new card and car! WooHoo! Now make sure you go deck out your new car with all the upgrades you want.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
This week just keeps getting better! First a brand new car, now a good card! I got a pre-approval from BBVA compass in the mail today. It looked too promising to pass up. 0% apr for 13 months, a $100 account credit after $1500 spend in the first 90 days, and a not so bad interest rate. I had to step out of the garden. I'm glad I did because it was an instant approval with my highest SL yet ($5000, which may not be much to most, but it's wonderful considering the cards and limits I already have). Now I'm off to transfer land and to close a few of my rebuilder accounts!

Congratulations on the new card, 5k is a respectable sl. Dv 

Message 3 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice job, looks like things are going greatSmiley Happy Continue to grow your credit and youll have more moments like this Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and SL. Never compare yourself to someone else's journey. Even with many DPs you won't know their exact profile. You know where you've been and where you are now, that's the real indicator of your success. 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a prequalified offer in the mail today.  I read most of the posts for the Clear Points card and was not interested in a card with a $2k SL.  I flirted with the application by filling it out and hovered my mouse over the apply button.  It came down to flipping a coin...then the best of 3.  I had no choice and I clicked apply.  It took a long time.  The progress bar completed several times and each time I thought it was finished.  Then it asked me to create an online profile and after - it said I was approved for $10k at 19%.  It then walked me through setting up a mobile app on my phone.  I could see everything.  My account number, my CVV number everything.  I'm not sure if I could see the expiration date, but I wouldn't doubt it.  I went out to eat and came back to my computer later.  I started closing windows and one of them said they needed to verify a few things and that I needed to call.  I thought oh cr@p!  I called in and a really nice lady looked me up and confirmed everything was fine and that when the screen came up verification was needed, but was resolved electronically within a few seconds.  She said they didn't need anything else and that my card will arrive in the next 7 to 10 business days.

Not a bad experience with BBVA Compass!  Now if only I can calm my wife down for applying for yet another credit card.

My stats:  745 FICO 8 on Exp (the bureau they pulled), mid $100k income, 6% utilization, 0mos newest account, 1yrs 8mos AAOA, 8 Inquiries on Exp, 22 new accounts over the last 30 mos.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently got the same card for 5k and same SUB. Put a few charges on it over the net (electric, DTV) with no problem. However I haven't found a single card reader that would pick it up. Tried at Shell (x2), an Exxon, a doughnut shop, Kroger, and HEB. Called about it today and spoke with a sweet sounding foreign chick. With my deep Appalachian drawl and her foreign 'twang' the conversation would have had any eavesdroppers nearly wetting their pants. It took about 15 minutes (due to us both constantly having to repeat things) but she finally understood that my card simply wasn't working in readers. A new card is on the way. Aside from this I've been very pleased in my limited exposure to BBVA.

BTW: I did tell her that if I were to open a massage parlor her pay would be doubled just to answer the phone.... she didn't understand what I was saying. 😀
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

5 K is a very nice sl for BBVA congrats!

Message 8 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Recently got the same card for 5k and same SUB. Put a few charges on it over the net (electric, DTV) with no problem. However I haven't found a single card reader that would pick it up. Tried at Shell (x2), an Exxon, a doughnut shop, Kroger, and HEB. Called about it today and spoke with a sweet sounding foreign chick. With my deep Appalachian drawl and her foreign 'twang' the conversation would have had any eavesdroppers nearly wetting their pants. It took about 15 minutes (due to us both constantly having to repeat things) but she finally understood that my card simply wasn't working in readers. A new card is on the way. Aside from this I've been very pleased in my limited exposure to BBVA.

BTW: I did tell her that if I were to open a massage parlor her pay would be doubled just to answer the phone.... she didn't understand what I was saying. 😀

All in All a HAPPY ENDINGSmiley Wink 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.