Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy Approval

I do a lot A LOT of shopping at Best Buy, have tried three (3) times to get their CC, always denied, and as I was about to pay today, the cashier asked me if I wanted to apply for their CC, I thought it for a while, knowing that I have been denied three (3) times already, and figure “ah why not”, fill out the app and instant approved, even had the choice to pick store card or Visa card... of course I went with the Visa, $2,000.00 SL... don’t know which bureau they used, as I have not received any notification...

(UPDATE)

Just got a notification, they used Experian.  I live in Maryland...

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy Approval

Awesome!

Congratulations on a very useful new card!
Message 2 of 6
difringe
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the surprise approval! It being a card you really wanted is the icing on the cake!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

I’m curious - were your denials in the past online or in-store? I ask because I’ve read that it’s not uncommon for someone to be approved in-store, even if they were or would be declined online. It’s because an online app is basically anonymous but in-store, they don’t want to embarrass or anger a customer standing at the register with a cartload of stuff they’re about to hand over money for...
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats!

I’m curious - were your denials in the past online or in-store? I ask because I’ve read that it’s not uncommon for someone to be approved in-store, even if they were or would be declined online. It’s because an online app is basically anonymous but in-store, they don’t want to embarrass or anger a customer standing at the register with a cartload of stuff they’re about to hand over money for...

Online and at the store, if I'm remember correctly, I was denied twice Smiley Sad at the store and once online.

Message 5 of 6
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval 😎.
NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.