Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy CLI

tag
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

Best Buy CLI

It's been a year since I was approved for the BB Visa card.  I've applied for an increase every two months and was constantly denied.  Tonight I decided to purchase a TV online. But before I purchased it, I decided to try again for an increase.  Success!  4K-14k.   Only caveat was I didn't know it was a hard inquiry.  Back to the garden......

Business Cards
19 REPLIES 19
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Best Buy CLI

Congrats, but isn't it always a HP?

Message 2 of 20
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

Every time I applied for a CLI I just received a denial,there was no hard pull. Surprised that it was a hard pull once it was approved. 

Business Cards
Message 3 of 20
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Gmoney144 wrote:

Every time I applied for a CLI I just received a denial,there was no hard pull. Surprised that it was a hard pull once it was approved. 

I think you fell through the cracks. Citi Best Buy CLIs have always been HPs whether granted or denied.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

I have read of a few Citi Best Buy "SP" CLI's  .. But it is not very common.

Message 5 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Gmoney144 wrote:

I think you fell through the cracks. Citi Best Buy CLIs have always been HPs whether granted or denied.

I think if one had their reports locked when requesting and it cant be approved , they just get the denial letter or denial notice. If your reports are open, expect a hp because BB is not sp cli friendly. 

Message 6 of 20
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your CLI!

Message 7 of 20
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP! Do not worry about the HP so much. They don't matter after a year and if you've got less than 5, you're doing better than 90% of this forum!

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on a nice increase! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 20
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@SecretAzure wrote:

Congrats OP! Do not worry about the HP so much. They don't matter after a year and if you've got less than 5, you're doing better than 90% of this forum!

Is that 5 total on all 3 CRAs or on just 1?  🤪

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.