cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Citi Approved! QUESTIONS THOUGH!

tag
klrmac
Regular Contributor

Best Buy Citi Approved! QUESTIONS THOUGH!

So I was at Best Buy looking at the 4K UHD TVs and I decided to pull the trigger on apping for the Best Buy card for the no interest financing for the TV.

I was denied the Best Buy store card... but the guy at the register had to call the bank, and when he did, the lady spoke to me over the phone, denied the store card again, and then told me that I was however, approved for a Citi Bank Best Buy Visa card with a SL of $500.

I figured meh why not accept it and go from there.

I will finally have my foot in the door with Citi Bank but I heard this card isn't the greatest especially with a $56 annual fee or something like that.

Do you think I can recon the SL? Or at least get the annual fee waived before the card arrives? Or should I wait until it arrives?

Credit score 646.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy Citi Approved! QUESTIONS THOUGH!

I never knew this card had an annual fee! Is this something new? What are the perks that warrant the fee?

Message 2 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

4 versions of card.. 2 visa versions one with AF and one without AF and two versions of store card (not sure why on this one)

Message 3 of 21
klrmac
Regular Contributor

The ONLY reason I chose to accept it was to get my foot in the door with Citi. I'll probably never even use it. I'm thinking about calling a backdoor number once I get the card and get the annual fee waived.

I was successful on all 3 of my capital on cards doing that once I received them.

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got thesame card 6 months ago and have been on the phone with the EO for the past week, they wont do a cli I will be closing the card once my 12 months are up...they dont show much luv to anyone it seems

Message 5 of 21
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@klrmac wrote:

So I was at Best Buy looking at the 4K UHD TVs and I decided to pull the trigger on apping for the Best Buy card for the no interest financing for the TV.

I was denied the Best Buy store card... but the guy at the register had to call the bank, and when he did, the lady spoke to me over the phone, denied the store card again, and then told me that I was however, approved for a Citi Bank Best Buy Visa card with a SL of $500.

I will finally have my foot in the door with Citi Bank but I heard this card isn't the greatest especially with a $56 annual fee or something like that.

Do you think I can recon the SL? Or at least get the annual fee waived before the card arrives? Or should I wait until it arrives?

Credit score 646.

Congrats on the new card OP!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RM21 wrote:

@klrmac wrote:

Credit score 646.

Congrats on the new card OP!

Did you have any luck with recon on that starting limit?

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my card to grow, no problem. Work on that AF and keep it.
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which report do they pull?

Congrats!!!
Message 9 of 21
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.