Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard CLI

tag
burntreality
New Contributor

Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard CLI

I have had my Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard now for a year and it was stuck at a 300 dollar limit the whole time.

Today I called in and was able to get a $500 credit limit increase to bring it to a total of an 800 dollar limit.  

This has been a great month for my credit so far:

Got approved for $1700 Bill Me Later Account

Got a $500 and a $250 CLI on my Capital One Cards

Got Approved for an Discover IT card with a $1500 limit

Closed my Credit One account.

And now a CLI from my Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard.

I know I have said it 100 times but thanks to MyFico for providing these forums and thanks to all the members for all the great advice.

Starting score: 513 (Pulled from MyFico)
Current Score: EQ=735 TU=744 EX=746
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
colindidit
Established Contributor

Re: Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard CLI

It was a HP too I'm sure. I've been stuck at 500 since November
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 2 of 13
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Congrats on the nice increases. 

Who underwrites Best Buy credit cards? Would like to open an account with them if Cap1 is not involved. Kinda messed up with cap1 several years ago doubt they will extend me credit again.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 3 of 13
colindidit
Established Contributor

Cap one just sold them to citi and they will take over later this year.. It's not worth getting tbh
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 4 of 13
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@colindidit wrote:
Cap one just sold them to citi and they will take over later this year.. It's not worth getting tbh

Why not worth getting?

Goal 750 Across

Message 5 of 13
colindidit
Established Contributor

Low credit lines and high annual fees for the best buy mastercard.. It's lower tiered than that of its store card counterpart and all CLIs are HPs and most aren't more than 500 dollars. Not really worth it . I called to try to cancel my card the other day and the other thing that swayed me was that they waived my annual fee for the year.
Message 6 of 13
burntreality
New Contributor

I was told it was a soft pull, I will find out tomorrow if any new inquiries report.

Starting score: 513 (Pulled from MyFico)
Current Score: EQ=735 TU=744 EX=746
Message 7 of 13
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@colindidit wrote:
Low credit lines and high annual fees for the best buy mastercard.. It's lower tiered than that of its store card counterpart and all CLIs are HPs and most aren't more than 500 dollars. Not really worth it . I called to try to cancel my card the other day and the other thing that swayed me was that they waived my annual fee for the year.

Very good reasons to carefully consider if it's a wise choice.

Goal 750 Across

Message 8 of 13
colindidit
Established Contributor

I've had it with this card. I appreciate them waving the annual fee, but I just called and they can't increase my limit. I'm closing it . 500 limits are trash I'm ashamed to hold this card. It makes me feel inferior .

/complaint
Message 9 of 13
Beasley12
Regular Contributor

I have had my BB rewardzone card since 2011 and all CLIs are soft pulls. I received a CLI every six months since I got the card. $600 each.
EQ FICO 564 (3/12) Lender pull 673 (4/12) FICO 703 (6/13)
TU FICO 605 (6/12) to FICO 687 (3/13) Lender pull 680 (4/13)
EXP FICO lender pull (4/13) 651
Homeowner since September 2013!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.