Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Store Card CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy Store Card CLI

My Best Buy card is my oldest open account.  I have had it for 11 years.  When I opened it they gave me a SL of $500.  Every few years I have asked for a CLI and they have always instant rejected me.  When I asked for a reconsideration I was always told "this card doesn't get CLIs, it only goes up to $500".  Once again in my credit spree this year I asked for a CLI on this card and I was rejected.  I was approved for an American Express card, though and asked to have the balance of my Best Buy card transferred over. The day the American Expresss transfer hit my account I got an unsolicited $250 CLI.  I now have a 0 balance Best Buy card ith a $750 SL and I am considering leaving it at $0 if they want to play this way.  

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy Store Card CLI

Congrats on the increase...how absurd they say it doesn't go above $500. Mine is sitting at $15,000 so you still have potential on yours for sure! Mine is from 2010.

Message 2 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, 11 years and only at $750. Most of us rebuilding when we get this card start out at 2k. That insane that it would stay like that all these years. Was this by chance a Best Buy co branded card from another bank? I hear those are usually harder to grow especially if Citi picked up the account.
Message 3 of 7
Khalifa_Jayy
Regular Contributor

**bleep**, that is some patience!
TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, this is not the Best Buy Visa.  It is the Best Buy store card that keeps getting passed around to different banks.  Citi has it currently.  

Message 5 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

That might be the reason. You could probably reapp this card and get the visa with a better sl but seeing as you just got Amex, looks like you are on to bigger and better thingsSmiley Happy , not knocking the BB, I have one lol Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 7
beezer32
Regular Contributor

I just got the Best Buy store version and started with $2K, 660 Fico-8's about 3 months ago.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.