Super Contributor

Re: Best Buy Visa $12K CLI...FINALLY!!!

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your BestBuy CLI Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 11 of 28
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Jordan23ww wrote:

I am beyond EXCITED right now! I have had my Best Buy Visa credit card for over 14 years! Today I FINALLY got my first limit increase on it!  I asked for them to increase it by $14,000 making my new limit $15,000. I figured 14 years with no increases deserved at least $1000 per year, lol!  Usually I am instantly denied and get the whole spill you'll receive a letter in 7-10 days.  Today though for the very first time, I instantly got a message to give them a call, they needed more info.

From reading posts from others on MyFico mentioning they got CLI's when this also happened to them, I took it as a welcomed sign. I called in and got transferred to an underwriter. They asked me to verify my annual income and monthly mortgage. Put me on hold, came back and asked me how much I had in checking and savings. Put me on hold again and said I can increase your limit to $13,000, would you like to accept??? I surely did!

Between November 2007 and today my Best Buy card issuer has changed hands multiple times. HSBC, Chase, Capital One and now Citi have all had this card. Whenever I have asked for an increase none of them saw fit to approve my request. It would always be a slap in the face because 1) I have never missed a payment or been late with any of them, and 2) I had just incurred a hard inquiry for nothing. Well today's hard inquiry on Equifax was well worth it!  I'm so excited to have more buying power at my favorite store now!

The last time I asked Citi for an increase on this card was November 2020. I was denied for my total credit obligations being too high. I had defaulted on my student loan in 2018 and the whole balance was appearing as being owed when I'd check my Equifax utilization on my monthly MyFico reports. After successfully doing a student loan rehab in 2021 that figure was removed. The defaulted loan and all my late payments still appear on my credit report along with the new loan with no late payments. The collection agency that had the defaulted loan and was once showing the high balance due has been removed from my credit report for 8 months now. I'm glad I decided to try again today!

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 3.06.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-24 at 2.51.42 PM.png

Great jobSmiley Happy.  Thats persistenceSmiley Wink 

Message 12 of 28
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Best Buy Visa 13X CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 13 of 28
mgood
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

rock-on.gif

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 19
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 14 of 28
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@MartyWrite75 wrote:

Congratulations on your CLI! 

@MartyWrite75  Thank you!

Message 15 of 28
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your BestBuy CLI Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

@cashorcharge Thank you!

Message 16 of 28
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Jordan23ww wrote:

I am beyond EXCITED right now! I have had my Best Buy Visa credit card for over 14 years! Today I FINALLY got my first limit increase on it!  I asked for them to increase it by $14,000 making my new limit $15,000. I figured 14 years with no increases deserved at least $1000 per year, lol!  Usually I am instantly denied and get the whole spill you'll receive a letter in 7-10 days.  Today though for the very first time, I instantly got a message to give them a call, they needed more info.

From reading posts from others on MyFico mentioning they got CLI's when this also happened to them, I took it as a welcomed sign. I called in and got transferred to an underwriter. They asked me to verify my annual income and monthly mortgage. Put me on hold, came back and asked me how much I had in checking and savings. Put me on hold again and said I can increase your limit to $13,000, would you like to accept??? I surely did!

Between November 2007 and today my Best Buy card issuer has changed hands multiple times. HSBC, Chase, Capital One and now Citi have all had this card. Whenever I have asked for an increase none of them saw fit to approve my request. It would always be a slap in the face because 1) I have never missed a payment or been late with any of them, and 2) I had just incurred a hard inquiry for nothing. Well today's hard inquiry on Equifax was well worth it!  I'm so excited to have more buying power at my favorite store now!

The last time I asked Citi for an increase on this card was November 2020. I was denied for my total credit obligations being too high. I had defaulted on my student loan in 2018 and the whole balance was appearing as being owed when I'd check my Equifax utilization on my monthly MyFico reports. After successfully doing a student loan rehab in 2021 that figure was removed. The defaulted loan and all my late payments still appear on my credit report along with the new loan with no late payments. The collection agency that had the defaulted loan and was once showing the high balance due has been removed from my credit report for 8 months now. I'm glad I decided to try again today!

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 3.06.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-24 at 2.51.42 PM.png

Great jobSmiley Happy.  Thats persistenceSmiley Wink

@AverageJoesCredit  Thank you!😄

Message 17 of 28
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@CreditAggie wrote:

Congratulations on your Best Buy Visa 13X CLI!

@CreditAggie  Thank you so much!

Message 18 of 28
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@mgood wrote:

Congratulations!

rock-on.gif

@mgood Thank you!😂😂😂

Message 19 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

See, told ya that you didn't need to open a Citi Custom Cash to influence a CLI decision. It happened without you having to open/add an extra account 😎

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.