Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Visa CLI !

tag
titanium_bbx
Contributor

Best Buy Visa CLI !

Had this account since 2010 and for the last few years the CL has been 750. I think it was reduced at some point during a low point.

Since I have been on time for over 2 yrs, no missed, (min payment mainly, about 75% util), I went for a CLI. 

I hit the button, requested  +1000 to bring to 1750. Within 2 hours after submit income screen, email rec'd and increased to 1800!

No HP showing, think it was a SP.  My 8 scores are 657/644/658 today.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
mzgg09
Regular Contributor

Re: Best Buy Visa CLI !

Congrats!

Experian 750 Equifax 750 Transunion 753
Message 2 of 15
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 3 of 15
titanium_bbx
Contributor

Thanks to you both! Such a supportive, helpful and knowledgable community here. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! and let's hope for pity sakes that it was just a SP since that card has a pretty long history without one.

Message 5 of 15
titanium_bbx
Contributor

@CreditMagic7 Yes, unfortunately, it did HP on TransUnion today. Boooo. It reported on CreditKarma but not on FICO yet.

I have 7 TU now, guess I'll be stopping there with TU. I think it was an acceptable risk since my biggest problem overall is utilization (and only $ -> time can solve that).
Still feeling positive about all the recent upgrades and getting this file in shape. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 15
jim44
Established Contributor

@titanium_bbx wrote:

Had this account since 2010 and for the last few years the CL has been 750. I think it was reduced at some point during a low point.

Since I have been on time for over 2 yrs, no missed, (min payment mainly, about 75% util), I went for a CLI. 

I hit the button, requested  +1000 to bring to 1750. Within 2 hours after submit income screen, email rec'd and increased to 1800!

No HP showing, think it was a SP.  My 8 scores are 657/644/658 today.

Congrats Titanium!  I've had this card also since 2010 also and after about a year asked for a CLI ... original granted CL was $500.00,  I do believe the card was backed by HBSC back then.  The CSR asked me why the request and I told her I wanted to buy a TV over $500.00 .  She granted the CLI to $1k.

I've asked twice with Citi now and have been denied both times.  IMHO, this one is a tough one for CLIs.  Well done!

Message 7 of 15
ladyjaye82
Regular Contributor

Very interesting. I actually emailed back and forth with a CS rep from there just last week and they stated that it wasn't possibleto get CLI for this card. I've had my account since 2010 as well and have NEVER gotten an increase. Last time I requested was last fall and I was denied and haven't tried since.

Message 8 of 15
titanium_bbx
Contributor

Thanks jim44.
Yeah I think that was the original bank back in 2010. You are right, Citi is tough! at least for me.

Oddly and maybe correlated, right after that CLI they sent me a letter "inviting" me to apply for the Citi Double Cash with "0% for 15 months" - I'm not even thinking about it, that's no pre-approval. I don't want any more cards that start under 1000 right now either, and seeing as they hit TU couldn't afford the INQ. 

Thanks again and congrats to you! Hey we're citi-loyal, they should at least send us a gift basket for our time with them if we have to beg for CLIs haha

Message 9 of 15
titanium_bbx
Contributor

@ladyjaye82

I did it online.
Make sure its a Citi Best Buy card. Do you have the Store Card or Magnolia brand? Maybe those are different.

Just in case you wanted to know...
On the "Manage Account" page on the right there is a column of buttons "ACCOUNT SERVICES":
Options are: Dispute..., Report Lost..., Order Replace..., *Request a Credit Limit Increase, Manage Autopay.
Went through there.

Then a "Enter your info" new page comes up which says "Need to request an emergency credit limit increase? Contact Customer Service at 1-888-574-1301."
And then a form below with Increase limit by, Income, mortgage/rent payment etc. Then submit.

Good luck to you. This card is indeed stingy and may not be worth the HP.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.