Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Visa Denial - Successful Recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy Visa Denial - Successful Recon

BestBuyCC.PNG

Welp, here I go again. Got the Best Buy Visa... They initially denied me, but after some recon, I managed to push it through. I'm planning a large Best Buy purchase soon, so the 10% back on the first day of purchases is effectively a $100 SUB, plus I shop at Best Buy fairly regularly, it is my first Visa (yay! one from each major card network!), and has no foreign transaction fees, which I have been getting hit with quite a bit lately.

I really, really need to spend some time in the garden now. No more hard inquiries until late 2021!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Best Buy Visa Denial - Successful Recon

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 12
Conceptual23
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the recon approval.  I dropped in an app with them this morning and received the "we'll let you know in a couple weeks" message.  Perhaps I should give them a call as well.

Starting FICO 8s | 06/2018: EX 601 ✦ EQ 605 ✦ TU 590
Current FICO 8s | 9/2022: EX 732 ✦ EQ 739✦ TU 743
2023 Goal Score: 760+

Business Cards:

Message 4 of 12
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the recon and approval!!! It's a great card with many current offers going out.

Be aware though, you won't get 10% discount on purchases that are on promo finance plan.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats for your new card! I noticed that you have really good credit scores but your credit history seem to be very new. However, wait for a bit longer and you will be rewarded. You are already on near 800 for few more points! Congrats!

Message 6 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the successful recon on the BB Visa Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Best Buy Visa approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 8 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Man i love and admire stories like this with positive outcomes. As much as for myself where i mostly always have reservations of going toe to toe with U/W reconsiderations. I've found them much more effective than originally expected and those have yielded positive outcomes overall.

So Congratulations and good choice on that effort to advance your interest with correspondence to overturn a denial. Yay!

Message 9 of 12
dudefromtx
Established Contributor

Congrats on a successful recon! 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.