Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Visa Platinum

tag
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Best Buy Visa Platinum

Ok. So I'm in the market for a new MacBook, and Best Buy had been hounding me with prequal notices. I do tend to buy all tech from Best Buy, and the 10% back for the first day was appealing. 

Not to mention, having a Visa will soothe my OCD lol; I'll have one of each. (Amex, Disco, MC, and Visa)

I had recently paid off my Citi Rewards+ card, which may have helped in Citi's eyes?

Anyway, a few DPs:

All scores are in the low 700s, but Citi pulled EQ.

Aggregate utilization: 22% 

AAoA: about a year and half, with newest account being almost six months ago

Approved for only 3k but c'est la vie! 

Yes, I'm still planning on closing the Rewards+ and the BOA card. 

Fun facts: The BB Visa can't be managed from the Citi site or app (boo). 

Also, evidently the 10% back offer doesn't show up on the checkout screen (you'll see only the 5% option), but the points will post eventually lol 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Best Buy Visa Platinum

Congratulations on your Best Buy Visa approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 2 of 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 3 of 16
TSlop
Valued Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Ok. So I'm in the market for a new MacBook, and Best Buy had been hounding me with prequal notices. I do tend to buy all tech from Best Buy, and the 10% back for the first day was appealing. 

Not to mention, having a Visa will soothe my OCD lol; I'll have one of each. (Amex, Disco, MC, and Visa)

I had recently paid off my Citi Rewards+ card, which may have helped in Citi's eyes?

Anyway, a few DPs:

Also, evidently the 10% back offer doesn't show up on the checkout screen (you'll see only the 5% option), but the points will post eventually lol 

Congrats on your approval! Mine is only sitting at $3,250, but I have never asked for a CLI. I'm not sure if it ever got any auto CLIs. It's been open since 2013.

I find the card management from Best Buy horrendous. I can't find a way to delete an old checking account from my payment options. I still have a warning across the top that my account is currently being upgraded to the Visa, which may have occurred a year or 2 ago. I can't find what offers are currently activated through the email links I clicked on for my card (let alone the card benefit categories), such as the spend $100 and get a $50 gift card. This is why I solely use it for Best Buy purchases and just monitor my points and bills. I'm finding it more frustrating as I attempt to take advantage of this offer.

Sorry to vent here, but your quote I highlighted in bold got me thinking about it again. Card management gripes aside, it is definitely worth having the card for the points and 0% financing options.

Message 4 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@pinkandgrey..Congratulations on your Approval..

"To close or not to close, that is the question"Smiley Very Happy

WooHooSmileyWave-vi.gif

Message 5 of 16
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 6 of 16
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the BB Visa CC approval and your new MacBook!🤓

Message 7 of 16
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Enjoy that new card!  Congrats and enjoy that new macbook before the new processor change comes out later this year.

Message 8 of 16
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

Enjoy that new card!  Congrats and enjoy that new macbook before the new processor change comes out later this year.

Yeah, I decided to get an Intel one before ARM takes over. After the first generation of Apple silicon has come and gone, I'm sure I'll be upgrading. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 9 of 16
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Anyway, a few DPs:

Congrats on your approval and NB. I just did the opposite last week, I went from MB to Windows. Mac has degraded when using screen readers. Too many unaddressed bugs.

Hope that stops your harassment to apply!! 😂 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.