Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Visa Platinum

tag
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Best Buy Visa Platinum

Howdy Friends,

I had no intention to apply for anything until 5/21. I was working for 1/12, so I could app Cash Plus. At this point, I'm just not planning for it anymore. Something always happens.

Last night my sound bar bit the dust. I can't live without it. This morning I lost a filling, so it's been a great week... When it hits the fan, it does it in splendid fashion!! 😂  😂 

This morning I thawed reports. Huge issue with Equifax, finally unfrozen after 2 hours. Then went to the Best Buy app and placed my new Dolby Atmos sound bar in cart.

Filled out Citi app. Mostly pre-filled, and spun the wheel. I chose Visa, and instantly approved for a $4000 limit. Closed all my Citi cards years ago, but relented. I hope they've changed!!! 🙏🏻 

They pulled EQ in NV. I had 3 inquiries, score was 772. New accounts 2/6, 4/12, and 6/24.

I'll get good usage on card. Always shopping BB. Some nice promos lately. Sound bar on the way, with 18 months 0%.

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Best Buy Visa Platinum

Congrats not a bad SL for Best Buy card.

Was tempted to get for the new Iphone and discount on that as isnt 10% off first purchase?  I think ill just use 0% carrier financing though for the 12 when it comes out next week.

Message 2 of 39
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice! The BB card and special financing can really come in handy when you take a stroll over to the Magnolia section of the store. Congrats on the approval!
Message 3 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I avoid the magnolia section of the store.. I do well for a living and want to continue to have good credit and low debt Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 39
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Best Buy Visa approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 39
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I acoid the magnolia section of the store.. I do well for a living and want to continue to have good credit and low debt Smiley Happy

@CreditCuriosity After my last purchase I'm not allowed in that section of the store without my wife.  Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 39
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Congrats not a bad SL for Best Buy card.

Was tempted to get for the new Iphone and discount on that as isnt 10% off first purchase?  I think ill just use 0% carrier financing though for the 12 when it comes out next week.

Thanks CC! If you choose 0%, there's no 10% discount. No biggie and won't take full 18 months. 😊 

Message 7 of 39
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Loquat wrote:
Very nice! The BB card and special financing can really come in handy when you take a stroll over to the Magnolia section of the store. Congrats on the approval!

Thanks! Don't be the devil on my shoulder. I've got to be a responsible boy. 😇 

Message 8 of 39
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@CreditAggie wrote:

Congratulations on your Best Buy Visa approval!

Thank you!!

Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 39
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.