Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bestbuy - Citibank Visa Approved

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Bestbuy - Citibank Visa Approved

Congrats Ben

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 21 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Citi Best Buy Visa approval!

Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratz on your approval!

Message 23 of 33
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approval.  I love my Citi Best Buy card!  It's the only one that I keep a balance on, but I'm making use of that 0% interest.

You said to go with the Samsung Finance, but wouldn't there be an HP for that one, too?

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it does. I meant when it comes to save money buying S20 Ultra. It is cheaper to get it from samsung.com -No Tax -Instant $200 credit to buy accessories from their website. I didn't trade in since I want to keep my S8 Plus phone for my GearVR permanently. Sometime it is easier to play VR and watch VR movies from GearVR instead of using HTC Vive and use it wirelessly through streaming from Steam.
Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CBB Visa!

Citi BB does give you CLI when you call them and request but specifically request not to be a HP. Insist for a SP. The rep asked me how much I said 4K (don't ask me why, I should have said 10K-LoL...i guess I was shocked he even asked)....Bang approved. No HP.

Message 26 of 33
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the CBB Visa!

Citi BB does give you CLI when you call them and request but specifically request not to be a HP. Insist for a SP. The rep asked me how much I said 4K (don't ask me why, I should have said 10K-LoL...i guess I was shocked he even asked)....Bang approved. No HP.

This is good to know.  It seems around every December, they boost my limit without my asking.  However, I might give them a call around June and try this.  :-)

I do have a DC card with Citi.  Anyone know if having that and the BB Citi card are combined exposure with Citi or are they considered separate in regards to limits?

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bj2017, thank you so much for this information! Do you have to make some purchases and PIF before you doing this or do you simply ask for CLI after you received your card? Really good info.

My history with Citibank:

-   I have a current citibank card but they decreased my limit for $2000+ recently due to lack of inactivities.

-  They closed my store Citibank BB (inheritated from from GE and then Capital One of $1200 CL and probably Chase too not sure). It was closed for a year to three or five years?? I couldn't remember but still being reported last year Dec 2019 with 17 years and 6 months of age.  I am not keeping track since I hardly used it. However, this new Citibank BB is obviously different since it has Visa.

I bought a lot of things from BestBuy with other other cards. Hopefully this time I will make good use of it.

Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure. However, I think as long as we treat the account properly I am hoping Citibank would reward us.

Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi BB is hard to figure them out. I used to carry a Bal all the time (low 30%) and never got a CLI for 2 years.

I PIF last Dec, I asked for a CLI in early Jan and got denied (no HP). 

I bought something and had a balance of $300 in late Jan, so I called them again and asked for a CLI.

and they gave me a 5K CLI....planning to call them again in a couple of months and ask for CLI luv.

I didn't call them when I first opened the Citi BB to ask for a CLI...I should have just to test the waters.

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.