Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bestbuy Visa CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bestbuy Visa CLI

Ok, so I should be in garden mode, but I fell off again in order to get a CLI for my Bestbuy visa card. I started off with a 1k credit limit, after applying in May 2016. I've used it a lot this year, paying off in full before the statement closes. Last night I decided to ask for a CLI, I wanted to have a buffer when purchasing some things this Christmas. I requested an additional 3k and I received an approval immediately (after reading that some people got denied, I was surprised). I then received an email stating the following:

After 15 minutes, I decided to ask for a recon, and requested that another 2k to set me at 6k. Though I wanted to ask for more I did not want to be greedy so I settled for that. Again I was told that I was approved. So now I have a total CLI of 6k for my Bestbuy card, and I feel at ease now that I don't have to pay it every time I need to purchase something. Just to note, I had a balance on the card at the time of request. 

;

Back into the garden I go, I do not need anything else (well I said that the last time, but I am for real this time).  Thank you guys again for the tips. This year has been great to me and I am making sure to stay on the straight and narrow. 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bestbuy Visa CLI

Congrats.. feels good to have that breathing room when making purchases
Message 2 of 6
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Nice Congrats!!!!!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats thats a good instant increase!

Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

It's very common for Citi to counter CLI if they are approving a certain amount... I always suggest shooting for the moon and asking for like $25k

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

It's very common for Citi to counter CLI if they are approving a certain amount... I always suggest shooting for the moon and asking for like $25k

Very interesting, I will try that next time Creditaddict.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.