Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big auto cli chase freedom unlimited

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big auto cli chase freedom unlimited

Just got a $6000 auto increase on my chase freedom unlimited on the 1 year anniversary starting limit was $6000 now at $12000 I have a $5200 balance on it before the auto cli
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Big auto cli chase freedom unlimited

Congrats! Nice CLI! Especially being almost maxed out when it happened.
Message 2 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!! A Chase auto CLI is certainly special!
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was very surprised too with the balance I had on it
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now whatever you do - DON'T USE IT! - just enjoy the boost to utilization and continue paying it off like it never happened Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

+1000 Tyger, that and go buy a lottery ticketSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is chase always that generous
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Very very nice
Message 8 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No i dont think so. From what i gather, auto cli is very rare. They must see something about your profile they likeSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 11
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Is chase always that generous

Never, and it's strange to see such a large auto-cli, especially with OP carrying such a large balance.

When I first got my Freedom, I used it like crazy because of the 0% intro APR. I paid the entire balance off last summer before the APR expired. I only use it for the rotating categories, so I never put more than a few hundred dollars of spend on it in a month. Here I sit, almost two years later, still at $3,500. 

Chase was my first big bank card, who gave me a good starting limit (previous cards were $300 - $500 SL's), so I'm not going to complain too much. I've made $400 in cashback in two years, so it's definitely been a mutally-beneficial banking relationship. 

I've thought about taking a HP for the Amazon Prime Visa, and asking for a CLI on my Freedom at the same time, but that's probably later this summer. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.