Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big credit card approval Hel# ya

tag
Rmullens2208
Contributor

Big credit card approval Hel# ya

So after sitting in the garden for three months with my tail between my legs after a massive amount of denials i said the heck with it and did a mini spree First I decided to try for the Milestone credit card then BOOM 300$ credit limit feeling high I jumped on a credit one credit card man another 300$ heck ya feeling bullet proof I tried for an american express platnium instant denial, Wells fargo propel instant denial, Chase saphire  instant denial, Barclay gold card 7 to 10 days message feeling good about that one. other denials  Cap one, us bank,discover,citi,Chevron,amazon,ebay,southwest, I may have missed one or 2 but the important are the two big approvals i recieved still deciding on whether to apply for a target and walmart on the fence as any more rejection today would outweigh the excitment from my two huge approvals cant wait to order dominoes!!!! Stats Eq 528 EX 537 TU 509  inqs Ex 37 EQ 42 TU 63 back to the Garden for 30 days if i dont go for the walmart

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Rmullens2208
Contributor

Re: Big credit card approval Hel# ya

Quick update Walmart was a no go! Recon No go!!!!!!!!

@Rmullens2208 wrote:

So after sitting in the garden for three months with my tail between my legs after a massive amount of denials i said the heck with it and did a mini spree First I decided to try for the Milestone credit card then BOOM 300$ credit limit feeling high I jumped on a credit one credit card man another 300$ heck ya feeling bullet proof I tried for an american express platnium instant denial, Wells fargo propel instant denial, Chase saphire  instant denial, Barclay gold card 7 to 10 days message feeling good about that one. other denials  Cap one, us bank,discover,citi,Chevron,amazon,ebay,southwest, I may have missed one or 2 but the important are the two big approvals i recieved still deciding on whether to apply for a target and walmart on the fence as any more rejection today would outweigh the excitment from my two huge approvals cant wait to order dominoes!!!! Stats Eq 528 EX 537 TU 509  inqs Ex 37 EQ 42 TU 63 back to the Garden for 30 days if i dont go for the walmart

Message 2 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

You just keep shooting yourself in the foot!

Slow your roll and let things age before you really do something you regret.

Spend more time focusing on cleaning your reports than collecting denial letters to post on your wall as wallpaper.

Message 3 of 39
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approvals. I would DEFINITELY get back to the garden. Getting that many denials is a giant red flag telling you to stop apping. Enjoy your Dominoes lol
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 39
Rmullens2208
Contributor

I was hoping to get a few of those approved but how else can i build a decent score without applying for a few accounts hopefully with the two that i recieved now i can sit my butt in the garden with uncle B and let them grow until the accounts age 6 months or so any advice on who would approve me?

@Anonymous wrote:

Spend more time focusing on cleaning your reports than collecting denial letters to post on your wall as wallpaper.

Message 5 of 39
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@Rmullens2208 wrote:

First I decided to try for the Milestone credit card then BOOM 300$ credit limit feeling high I jumped on a credit one credit card man another 300$ heck ya feeling bullet proof I tried for an american express platnium instant denial, Wells fargo propel instant denial, Chase saphire  instant denial, Barclay gold card 7 to 10 days message feeling good about that one. other denials  Cap one, us bank,discover,citi,Chevron,amazon,ebay,southwest, I may have missed one or 2 but the important are the two big approvals 

I'm trying to keep track, did you say you had 14-16 HP's, 140+ inquiries across 3 bureaus, only 2 approvals, and the other 12-14 were denials?  OP,  I 2nd the above feedback, glad you had an approval or two however agree you should continue cleaning up whatever is keeping the overall score down, and garden.  At this rate, probably another 1+ years in the garden for those inquiries.

Message 6 of 39
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"Getting that many denials is a giant red flag" +1

Congrats, I think? = GARDEN!!!!!

Message 7 of 39
Rmullens2208
Contributor

Thank you was hoping to get that discover approved but it was a denial oh well 600$ is better then nothing Dominoes and a 6 pack

@pinkandgrey wrote:
Congrats on the approvals. I would DEFINITELY get back to the garden. Getting that many denials is a giant red flag telling you to stop apping. Enjoy your Dominoes lol

Message 8 of 39
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your approvals.

Why are your scores so low and why do you have so many inquiries?

Message 9 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rmullens2208 wrote:

I was hoping to get a few of those approved but how else can i build a decent score without applying for a few accounts hopefully with the two that i recieved now i can sit my butt in the garden with uncle B and let them grow until the accounts age 6 months or so any advice on who would approve me?

@Anonymous wrote:

You really need to STOP applying for anything and everything.

Focus on your reports and every 6 months ask for a CLI if you even have any unsecured cards.

Once you clean things up and things age for a year then you MIGHT be able to snag an approval from a legacy lender.

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.