Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big credit card approval Hel# ya

tag
Rmullens2208
Contributor

Re: Big credit card approval Hel# ya

I was under the impression inquries only matter if your trying to buy a house and are all grouped as 1 inquiry for rate shopping is this whats holding my score down I really want a card I can use to buy big ticket items

@Cred4All wrote:

@Rmullens2208 wrote:

First I decided to try for the Milestone credit card then BOOM 300$ credit limit feeling high I jumped on a credit one credit card man another 300$ heck ya feeling bullet proof I tried for an american express platnium instant denial, Wells fargo propel instant denial, Chase saphire  instant denial, Barclay gold card 7 to 10 days message feeling good about that one. other denials  Cap one, us bank,discover,citi,Chevron,amazon,ebay,southwest, I may have missed one or 2 but the important are the two big approvals 

I'm trying to keep track, did you say you had 14-16 HP's, 140+ inquiries across 3 bureaus, only 2 approvals, and the other 12-14 were denials?  OP,  I 2nd the above feedback, glad you had an approval or two however agree you should continue cleaning up whatever is keeping the overall score down, and garden.  At this rate, probably another 1+ years in the garden for those inquiries.

Message 11 of 39
Rmullens2208
Contributor

been testing the waters on approvals so far 4 approvals this year and my other two cards are kinda maxed out the first premier 500$ 498 balance the first access 300$ 301 balance but ive made all the payments before the grace periods i have no idea maybe fico scoring algorithm is wrong

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Congrats on your approvals.

Why are your scores so low and why do you have so many inquiries?

Message 12 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rmullens2208 wrote:

been testing the waters on approvals so far 4 approvals this year and my other two cards are kinda maxed out the first premier 500$ 498 balance the first access 300$ 301 balance but ive made all the payments before the grace periods i have no idea maybe fico

No wonder your scores are low.  You're 100%+ on your CL.

Brings those down to about $5/mo and things should rebound on your next report.  Never EVER should you be reporting balances that high with your profile or you'll never get out of predator land.

Message 13 of 39
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Rmullens2208 wrote:

been testing the waters on approvals so far 4 approvals this year and my other two cards are kinda maxed out the first premier 500$ 498 balance the first access 300$ 301 balance but ive made all the payments before the grace periods i have no idea maybe fico scoring algorithm is wrong

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Congrats on your approvals.

Why are your scores so low and why do you have so many inquiries?

Your inquiries alone aren't keeping your score that low. Once you get near 10, you stop getting dinged for them. Scores that low mean missed payments, charge offs, collections or bankruptcy. Which apply to you? If we can get you to at least 630 and keep you from applying, you can finally get some traction on approvals.

Message 14 of 39
Rmullens2208
Contributor

Well kind of embarrassing but i have two med collections from a diabetic child and some utility collections all from 5 years ago when the boy ended up in the hospital *We didnt know he was diabetic* but thats all behind me

Message 15 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Take a deep breath and quit gardening in that thread. Obviously you have been led astray by applying for 15 cards today.

Collections can be hindering but they're not the end of the world. Life happens.

Pay down your balances and never let them report more than 10% until you start getting into better territory and start seeing prime approvals happening.

Message 16 of 39
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Rmullens2208 wrote:

Well kind of embarrassing but i have two med collections from a diabetic child and some utility collections all from 5 years ago when the boy ended up in the hospital *We didnt know he was diabetic* but thats all behind me

Nothing to be embarrassed about, life happens. I'm rebuilding because of a hospital visit. Stop applying for at least a year, preferably two, get your balances down and you should be able to get more and better cards in the future. You're not gonna be approved for much at your current scores.

Message 17 of 39
Rmullens2208
Contributor

Thank you

@Anonymous wrote:

Take a deep breath and quit gardening in that thread. Obviously you have been led astray by applying for 15 cards today.

Collections can be hindering but they're not the end of the world. Life happens.

Pay down your balances and never let them report more than 10% until you start getting into better territory and start seeing prime approvals happening.

Message 18 of 39
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nobody led him astray. He hasn't even been in the gardening thread save a random post here and there.

Message 19 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think a good goal right now would be no new apps until your INQ's get down to 10.  5 wouild be even better but, self control might be an issue with an itchy app finger.  There's this one guy around here name Scott that boasts about his 100+ inq's but, it's really not something to be proud of when you go head to head with a bank you WANT to do business with vs the bank you HAVE to do business with.

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.