Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big credit card approval Hel# ya

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Big credit card approval Hel# ya

Remember, applying for a card(s) should be a calculated risk. No one should apply for a card if they think they have a good chance of being denied. I’d suggest doing your homework while sitting in the garden for a bit. When you come back out, apply for cards that are “in your league”. As your score improves, so will the cards you should be applying for. 

Not to discourage you, but I wouldn’t expect any quality approvals for 1 year + from now with all of those inquiries. 

Message 21 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Keep this post FSR.  Did a few edits of things that could of been put in a better way

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Forum-Etiquette/m-p/2797115

Message 22 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the two approvals, although I don't know why you would even apply for prime-credit cards... This forum is full of useful information I would highly recommend reading thoroughly about each card before you apply for it.

For now, until you're at least in the low to mid-600s you're stuck with Credit One, Milestone, Indigo, First Premier, etc., which isn't necessarily a bad place to be. They're not optimal credit cards, but they're a fantastic start to your building your history, score and credit lines.

You just shot yourself in the foot a bit with the amount of inquiries, but you live and learn. As everyone else has stated previously, don't apply for anything else for at least a year... Be patient and let your new credit lines grow.

Message 23 of 39
Rmullens2208
Contributor

I didnt know about indigo??? should i apply for it before heading to credit report sleep

Message 24 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

NO

Message 25 of 39
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Take a deep breath and quit gardening in that thread. Obviously you have been led astray by applying for 15 cards today.

@Anonymous, many would argue that the 'Garden' is precisely where our OP needs to be.  If you're not aware, the point of gardening is to avoid all new accounts, HPs, etc.

@Rmullens2208 come on back and stay with us a while... I'll hold the gate open for you.  Smiley Wink

Message 26 of 39
Rmullens2208
Contributor

Theres My boy uncle B i am on my way!

Message 27 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know what Gardening is but, if the OP is saying someone's advising them to apply for cards and then goes on a rampage for 15+ applcations with a shotgun it's a bad place to be in that particular thread.  Doesn't appear OP has been in there though since 8/2018 from the posts.  So, who left the gate open?

The activity from today is borderline 5150 territory to prevent self harm.  Someone needs to take the credit keys away.

Message 28 of 39
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know what Gardening is but, if the OP is saying someone's advising them to apply for cards and then goes on a rampage for 15+ applcations with a shotgun it's a bad place to be in that particular thread.  Doesn't appear OP has been in there though since 8/2018 from the posts.  So, who left the gate open?

The activity from today is borderline 5150 territory to prevent self harm.  Someone needs to take the credit keys away.

Just FYI if 'tough love' is warranted it should be done outside of approval threads; this is where we announce/celebrate approvals and share data points.

As for the Garden Club thread, application and approval talk isn't allowed there (it's actively moderated out) so no one is advocating applying for anything there.

Message 29 of 39
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Rmullens2208 wrote:

Theres My boy uncle B i am on my way!

Come on back, we're ready for you!  I'm holding the gate open now!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.