Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bigger Surprise Wells Fargo Approval CL

tag
DeserteRz
Established Member

Re: Bigger Surprise Wells Fargo Approval CL

@E150GT wrote:

impressive. I do like my wells fargo account. too bad they wont give me a card...

Thanks I hope you're able to get one to. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 18
DeserteRz
Established Member

@Give_Me_Credit_Please wrote:

Congrats!!! Great job! I bank with Wells Fargo as well and been happy ever since. Great move and I like how you showed Chase off.

Thank you. I do like Wells Fargo a lot so far. 

Message 12 of 18
DeserteRz
Established Member

@echo13 wrote:
Whats your score, ive been banking with wells for a long time and thinking about apping with them.

I am really not sure but I do plan on finding out really soon. 

Message 13 of 18
score_building
Senior Contributor

@DeserteRz wrote:

@echo13 wrote:
Whats your score, ive been banking with wells for a long time and thinking about apping with them.

Are you going to recon with Chase?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 14 of 18
TapDancer324
New Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: 534 EQ FICO: 10/11
Current Score: 727 EQ FICO; 717 TU FICO (per Lending Club) As of 6/1/14; ??? EX :
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 18
DeserteRz
Established Member

@SisterGirl wrote:

@DeserteRz wrote:

Few days ago I posted how I went ahead and applied for the US Bank Visa and it look about a minute for the app to go thru. It approved it online and gave a $5,000 limit. I was really surprised as my other cards have such low limits.

So after I got the US Bank Card I thought I would go into Chase and see if I could get a card with them as well. I thought for sure I would get it seeing as I got the US Bank card. Well they turned me down. Kind of upsetting as I had an account with them for a few years. I walked out the door and there was a Wells Fargo across the street so I went over to it and a banker greeted me right away and asked how she could help. I told her I would like to apply for a card and was turned down at Chase. We did all the work she got everything in the computer and I bang up the secured card. (The card I was going to get in the first place) She said that if I was declined they would just use that HP for the secured card app so it was worth a shot.

She put the app in and I guess it wanted her to call in. She did and they asked a few questions. They asked about a collection for Time Warner Cable. ($86) I told them how I closed the account and did not own them anything and had the bill to prove it. She said that's fine just wanted to verify. Gave the phone back to the banker she hung up the phone went back to her computer and said congratulations your approved for $6,500 Visa!

I was so happy that I said I would like to open a checking and saving account now as well. She said great how would you like to fund it. I said can you give me a few minutes to walk across the street. She started the paper work as I walked across the street to Chase and asked them to give me ever last penny of my money and to close all my accounts. I look it all form them and gave it right to Wells Fargo. I guess Together we will go far. Smiley Happy 

I think I'm done getting cards for now. Smiley Happy

OMG.....your story reminded me just ONE year ago the very thing I did with Capital One Bank ! Wow.....I dressed to the 9's when I went in on a Saturday morning, withdrew it all, kept it in a sock drawer until I returned to my deposit with my new friends at Resource One credit union. The branch manager helped me because both other associates were busy as I waited, and all the pissivity within me was GONE....and likewise was my interest in entering that door anymore. He was disturbed by what I shared with him as the reasons I left. He knew that it was over, because I advised him that the ink was dry on the new account paperwork....but they might wish to change some things going forward in their business practices because they are driving clients away - it was evident where I was coming from because this was a very frank "heart-to-heart" discussion.

I still have a Chase checking account that is  21 years old, but Iwon't close it "just for fun".  It don't cost me a dime & I swipe it once a month for ONE week daily for a cup of water (the requirement to avoid monthly service fees is a minimum of $500 deposit or 5 debit card withdrawals.....1 large cup of water at Mickey D's is .27 cents....LOL) - one day I'll get bored & close it, but for now they don't know where I am...and that makes me laugh like mad ! 

Congrats on your success.....one day they will figure out that what they won't do, another will !

SisterGirl

Thanks Smiley Happy and that is also a great story as well.

Message 16 of 18
DeserteRz
Established Member

@score_building wrote:

@DeserteRz wrote:

@echo13 wrote:

Are you going to recon with Chase?

NO I'm not I don't think they will take me because of the collation.

Message 17 of 18
DeserteRz
Established Member

@TapDancer324 wrote:

Congrats!

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.