Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bittersweet...Finally!! COSTCO after BK7

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Bittersweet...Finally!! COSTCO after BK7

I cant tell you how many times I've applied for this card...(Citi and Amex make up most of my umpteen EX inquires), LOL.  Anyways..went to the garden in March, and hung out awhile, then decided it was time to try again with Citi. Since my BK7, I mastered their "retail side" with various cards which was fairly easy for me to obtain (home Depot, BBroMC, etc...), but have never been able to conquer the "legacy" side of Citibank (the bank cards). They were burned on both sides in my BK7 in 2013. 

Wheel spun forever, and came back with an approval this time, and not a bad SL. So, after 6 years and 1 month post DC, finally back in. 

~ Pulled EX for me, unsure of score but last was 687, (I dont have montioring)

~ Lots of INQ still, but none in last 6 months, same with new accts. 

~ only negative is the BK in PR

Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 6.27.46 PM.png

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bittersweet...Finally!! COSTCO after BK7

Congrats!!

Goodfellas - 2.jpg

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 2 of 35
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats Pizza!!  Very respectable approval and SL especially considering you burnt them in the past and the amount of Exp Inquiries you have Smiley Happy.  Shows gardening even for 5-6 months does wonders!  Thought you were loytal to Sam's vs. costco?  What made you go for costco card vs. DC card?  Don't get me wrong the Costco card is a great card and the gas savings alone probably offsets my AF of costco in 2 months due to 4% back and cheaper high quality gas as well.

Message 3 of 35
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Congrats Pizza!!  Very respectable approval and SL especially considering you burnt them in the past and the amount of Exp Inquiries you have Smiley Happy.  Shows gardening even for 5-6 months does wonders!  Thought you were loytal to Sam's vs. costco?  What made you go for costco card vs. DC card?  Don't get me wrong the Costco card is a great card and the gas savings alone probably offsets my AF of costco in 2 months due to 4% back and cheaper high quality gas as well.

@CreditCuriosity , LOL..Costco is just one of those cards I "needed", lol, Ive been wanting it forever. Im running out of challenges! Ha!Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 35
12njoy
Super Contributor

Big congrats Pizza.  I know the anxiety of denial after denial for this card.  I tried for two years before it came through for me.  I started out with 6,500 as well.  Persistence does pay off!!

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 5 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 

Message 6 of 35
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

I cant tell you how many times I've applied for this card...(Citi and Amex make up most of my umpteen EX inquires), LOL.  Anyways..went to the garden in March, and hung out awhile, then decided it was time to try again with Citi. Since my BK7, I mastered their "retail side" with various cards which was fairly easy for me to obtain (home Depot, BBroMC, etc...), but have never been able to conquer the "legacy" side of Citibank (the bank cards). They were burned on both sides in my BK7 in 2013. 

Wheel spun forever, and came back with an approval this time, and not a bad SL. So, after 6 years and 1 month post DC, finally back in. 

~ Pulled EX for me, unsure of score but last was 687, (I dont have montioring)

~ Lots of INQ still, but none in last 6 months, same with new accts. 

~ only negative is the BK in PR

Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 6.27.46 PM.png

Way to go @pizza1  Smiley Happy Let the good times rollSmiley Happy Ps, whats so bad about the Burger Kings in Puerto Rico?Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 35
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 8 of 35
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulation on your approval and recovery from BK7!!!

Message 9 of 35
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

source.gif

AU

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.