Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bittersweet...Finally!! COSTCO after BK7

tag
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bittersweet...Finally!! COSTCO after BK7

Congrats @pizza1.  Citi can be really interesting.  I burned them in my BK13 for a Home Depot card but I never really had issues getting anything from them post BK13 discharge.  I have quite a few of their cards (AAdvantage, Prestige, Premier, Rewards+, DC) and why of a verification call I didn't really have any issues with getting approved and my BK13 is still on my report for a few more months.  

Enjoy that new card when arrives.  I know how it feels to finally capture something you've been chasing for a while.  Congrats again!

Message 21 of 35
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! Even though I'm no longer rebuilding, I still love to hear comeback stories like these.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 22 of 35
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

I somehow remembered you wanting this card for a long time @pizza1 .. Congratulations on getting it 

Curious as to what your next goal will be.....

-J

@joltdude ...Im not sure. I have so much credit I dont "need" anything! Ive been rebuilt literally for over 5 years, and have obtained banks that ive wanted like BOFA, USB, CITI, USAA,  AMEX, etc...

I guess my next goal would be to try and garden a year now, and get CLI's on BOFA, USB, and CITI, especially BOFA...Im still at $800Smiley Sad  My ultimate goal however is to get to 5/24 or below. That will take some serious effort though, lol!! Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

I somehow remembered you wanting this card for a long time @pizza1 .. Congratulations on getting it 

Curious as to what your next goal will be.....

-J

@joltdude ...Im not sure. I have so much credit I dont "need" anything! Ive been rebuilt literally for over 5 years, and have obtained banks that ive wanted like BOFA, USB, CITI, USAA,  AMEX, etc...

I guess my next goal would be to try and garden a year now, and get CLI's on BOFA, USB, and CITI, especially BOFA...Im still at $800Smiley Sad  My ultimate goal however is to get to 5/24 or below. That will take some serious effort though, lol!! Smiley Wink

Have your eye on some new Chase products? Smiley Wink

CONGRATS!!!

Appreciate the data point. I recall someone else posting here that they were approved 3 years post dc, but I wasn't quite sure I trusted it. For some reason, your post compelled me to take a shot at it (HUGE Costco fan here) and I got the same endless spinning wheel . . that finally landed on a $5500 approval! 

I'm actually on a break from using my cards right now while I streamline and reconfigure accounts/budget/etc., but it's nice to know this will be part of my new plan. I drive all over the Northeast and didn't yet have a good card for gas rewards.

I'm 4 1/2 years post CH7 discharge and my sig is current. I believe I only burned Citi for $2500 on a Best Buy card.

Message 24 of 35
JourneyStartsNow
New Contributor

@SteelerNYC I have the similar discharge date. Did the Citi Preapproval page show any offers for you?
BK7 Discharged 4/15. Back to square 1.
Message 25 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JourneyStartsNow wrote:
@SteelerNYC I have the similar discharge date. Did the Citi Preapproval page show any offers for you?

Didn't think to check - bit of an impulsive move. With no inquiries and my plans otherwise being to garden, I rolled the dice on it.

Message 26 of 35
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JourneyStartsNow wrote:

Didn't think to check - bit of an impulsive move. With no inquiries and my plans otherwise being to garden, I rolled the dice on it.

@JourneyStartsNow ...I did check prequals and it showed none, but I cold apped anyways. Im also opted out too. 

@Anonymous , ...Congrats to you on the approval!! You should post that!! Smiley Happy 

Message 27 of 35
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats @pizza1 . This calls for the you know what............................. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lights(1).gif

Message 28 of 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Many congrats on your approval @pizza1 Smiley Happy  Well done!  See the beauty of gardening?  I know that sometimes it clashes with your style, but look at what you accomplished Smiley Tongue 

Madonna.gif

Message 29 of 35
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Once again @pizza1 is showing us all how it's done... great job on meeting yet another goal! screamer.gif

Oh, and while I know how hard it was this is a perfect example of how gardening does work!  Smiley Very Happy  Smiley Tongue

LIKE-A-BOSS.jpg

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.