cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bittersweet...Finally!! COSTCO after BK7

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Bittersweet...Finally!! COSTCO after BK7

Congrats @pizza1.  Citi can be really interesting.  I burned them in my BK13 for a Home Depot card but I never really had issues getting anything from them post BK13 discharge.  I have quite a few of their cards (AAdvantage, Prestige, Premier, Rewards+, DC) and why of a verification call I didn't really have any issues with getting approved and my BK13 is still on my report for a few more months.  

Enjoy that new card when arrives.  I know how it feels to finally capture something you've been chasing for a while.  Congrats again!

Message 21 of 35
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! Even though I'm no longer rebuilding, I still love to hear comeback stories like these.

Boy, did I ever step out of the garden!
Message 22 of 35
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

I somehow remembered you wanting this card for a long time @pizza1 .. Congratulations on getting it 

Curious as to what your next goal will be.....

-J

@joltdude ...Im not sure. I have so much credit I dont "need" anything! Ive been rebuilt literally for over 5 years, and have obtained banks that ive wanted like BOFA, USB, CITI, USAA,  AMEX, etc...

I guess my next goal would be to try and garden a year now, and get CLI's on BOFA, USB, and CITI, especially BOFA...Im still at $800Smiley Sad  My ultimate goal however is to get to 5/24 or below. That will take some serious effort though, lol!! Smiley Wink

My rebuild worked for me, but won't necessarily work for you!
BK7 D/C- 08/2013
Message 23 of 35
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

I somehow remembered you wanting this card for a long time @pizza1 .. Congratulations on getting it 

Curious as to what your next goal will be.....

-J

@joltdude ...Im not sure. I have so much credit I dont "need" anything! Ive been rebuilt literally for over 5 years, and have obtained banks that ive wanted like BOFA, USB, CITI, USAA,  AMEX, etc...

I guess my next goal would be to try and garden a year now, and get CLI's on BOFA, USB, and CITI, especially BOFA...Im still at $800Smiley Sad  My ultimate goal however is to get to 5/24 or below. That will take some serious effort though, lol!! Smiley Wink

Have your eye on some new Chase products? Smiley Wink

CONGRATS!!!

Appreciate the data point. I recall someone else posting here that they were approved 3 years post dc, but I wasn't quite sure I trusted it. For some reason, your post compelled me to take a shot at it (HUGE Costco fan here) and I got the same endless spinning wheel . . that finally landed on a $5500 approval! 

I'm actually on a break from using my cards right now while I streamline and reconfigure accounts/budget/etc., but it's nice to know this will be part of my new plan. I drive all over the Northeast and didn't yet have a good card for gas rewards.

I'm 4 1/2 years post CH7 discharge and my sig is current. I believe I only burned Citi for $2500 on a Best Buy card.

Ch 7 Discharge May 2015
Discover/Target/NFCU CLOC/NFCU Cash Rewards/PenFed Power Cash Rewards/PenFed Pathfinder AMEX - $60k total revolving
EQ/EX/TU: FICO 8's Sept 2019: 696/676/670, 25% utilization, INQ's: 0/0/1
New approvals based on this data: Costco Anywhere Visa $5500, NFCU Platinum $25k
Message 24 of 35
Valued Member

@SteelerNYC I have the similar discharge date. Did the Citi Preapproval page show any offers for you?
BK7 Discharged 4/15. Back to square 1.
Message 25 of 35
Valued Contributor

@JourneyStartsNow wrote:
@SteelerNYC I have the similar discharge date. Did the Citi Preapproval page show any offers for you?

Didn't think to check - bit of an impulsive move. With no inquiries and my plans otherwise being to garden, I rolled the dice on it.

Ch 7 Discharge May 2015
Discover/Target/NFCU CLOC/NFCU Cash Rewards/PenFed Power Cash Rewards/PenFed Pathfinder AMEX - $60k total revolving
EQ/EX/TU: FICO 8's Sept 2019: 696/676/670, 25% utilization, INQ's: 0/0/1
New approvals based on this data: Costco Anywhere Visa $5500, NFCU Platinum $25k
Message 26 of 35
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@SteelerNYC wrote:

@JourneyStartsNow wrote:

Didn't think to check - bit of an impulsive move. With no inquiries and my plans otherwise being to garden, I rolled the dice on it.

@JourneyStartsNow ...I did check prequals and it showed none, but I cold apped anyways. Im also opted out too. 

@SteelerNYC , ...Congrats to you on the approval!! You should post that!! Smiley Happy 

My rebuild worked for me, but won't necessarily work for you!
BK7 D/C- 08/2013
Message 27 of 35
Senior Contributor

Congrats @pizza1 . This calls for the you know what............................. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lights(1).gif

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 28 of 35

Many congrats on your approval @pizza1 Smiley Happy  Well done!  See the beauty of gardening?  I know that sometimes it clashes with your style, but look at what you accomplished Smiley Tongue 

Madonna.gif

Message 29 of 35

Once again @pizza1 is showing us all how it's done... great job on meeting yet another goal! screamer.gif

Oh, and while I know how hard it was this is a perfect example of how gardening does work!  Smiley Very Happy  Smiley Tongue

LIKE-A-BOSS.jpg

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.