Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bizarre Chase Auto-CLI

tag
CloudyWeather1331
Regular Contributor

Re: Bizarre Chase Auto-CLI

Congrats on the CLI! Hopefully my Disney card gets a CLI!

-
Message 11 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@ibebarrett wrote:

So I will start by saying this is my wife's accounts not mine, just felt the need to share as I've seen several other people receive not so common autocli's from chase, here's a break down of her accounts, opening dates and starting cli's:

Credit Union Card - $500 11/2017

Chase FU - $3100 10/2020

Chase Auto Loan -$13k 10/2020

Chase Sapphire - $10,100 12/21

That's her whole credit profile, and she keeps them all mostly paid down every month. Today we receive a letter in the mail from chase that reads as follows:

"Dear xxxxxx,

When we approved you for a new account in October 2020 we assigned you a credit line lower than intended. Therefore we hve increased your credit line to $50,000, effective immediately. We apologize for any inconvenience.

This action does not prevent your account from any future credit line reviews or decreases.

If you have questions, please write to us at the return address above.

Sincerely,

Customer Service"

Has anyone received a similar letter? We got a good laugh at the apology, but the random backdated auto-cli from $3100 to 50k seems insane! Just wanted to share because this just seems insane

This is incredible. Something crazy is going on at Chase.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 12 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@ibebarrett wrote:

So I will start by saying this is my wife's accounts not mine, just felt the need to share as I've seen several other people receive not so common autocli's from chase, here's a break down of her accounts, opening dates and starting cli's:

Chase FU - $3100 10/2020

That's her whole credit profile, and she keeps them all mostly paid down every month. Today we receive a letter in the mail from chase that reads as follows:

"Dear xxxxxx,

When we approved you for a new account in October 2020 we assigned you a credit line lower than intended. Therefore we hve increased your credit line to $50,000, effective immediately. We apologize for any inconvenience.

This action does not prevent your account from any future credit line reviews or decreases.

Sincerely,

Customer Service"

Has anyone received a similar letter? We got a good laugh at the apology, but the random backdated auto-cli from $3100 to 50k seems insane! Just wanted to share because this just seems insane

This is the one train everyone wants on but only a few get to boardSmiley Wink

POLAREXPRESS! ALL ABOARRRRRRDDDD!! 🧑‍🎄

Message 13 of 21
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@ibebarrett wrote:

Chase FU - $3100 10/2020

"Dear xxxxxx,

Sincerely,

Customer Service"

CONGRATS!!!!!

I hope some of this massive giving spirit rubs off on the underwriters at capital one.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 14 of 21
PapaTunde
Established Contributor

Congrats !

All Fico9 835+ or there abouts

These violent delights have violent ends
Message 15 of 21
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Chase coming in strong, wow!

Big congrats to you, enjoy it!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 16 of 21
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Wow!!!

Congratulations on your massive CLI!  Awesome!

April 2024: Experian 769; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 17 of 21
firefox100
Valued Contributor

First let say congratulations way to go. I have a question, why would the letter open chase to litigation. what harm was done credit is not right it is a privilege ther was nodiscrimination the bank did a re calulation and said we are increases your credit limit what we think you should and we be happy and use the card.

Message 18 of 21
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@ibebarrett wrote:

To answer your question @ibebarrett , yes a few here have posted these crazy CLIs from Chase.  There have been at least three that I have read on MF with like ~ $40,000 increases....

Message 19 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

@ibebarrett wrote:

To answer your question @ibebarrett , yes a few here have posted these crazy CLIs from Chase.  There have been at least three that I have read on MF with like ~ $40,000 increases....

Lol HD this been the myFivo of old, these 50k increases would have been like 10 page deep inquisitionsSmiley WinkSmiley Wink. Now,  with Covid and less members participating  a Cap One thread going $1k increases generates more oomph lol. I still can't believe Chase would do this but it's a crazy world we live in Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.