cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bk fell off, American Express approved!!!

tag
Tiz
Established Member

Bk fell off, American Express approved!!!

Well, after patiently waiting 10 long years for my bk to fall off I got the courage to apply for an Amex card. I visited the site and checked for any offers and to my surprise I had 3. I applied for the Blue Cash Everyday first and was approved! So I went on line and seen that applying for another is allowed so I went for a green card and, boom, got it too. For some reason after my BK fell off my record my scores went down. ? My scores dropped about 45 points after the BK fell off into the mid 600’s but I make 150k a year so I think that, and no negatives on my report, helped with the approval. I had visited the site last year, before the BK fell off, and tried the offers page and got nothing. So happy, now back to the garden I go. *grinning*

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bk fell off, American Express approved!!!

First...Congrats 💥

Second.... your scores may have dropped due to you being rebucketed.

Third.... did you try to pre-qual before your BK fell off? Typically it only takes 5yrs and 1month unless they were iib. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justagirl73 wrote:

First...Congrats 💥

Third.... did you try to pre-qual before your BK fell off? Typically it only takes 5yrs and 1month unless they were iib. 

OP states in his post that he visited site last year and had no offers.

You can get approved 5 years after BK, but you may not get a preapproval.

Message 3 of 8
drboxing
Established Contributor

I know the feeling, congrats

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Justagirl73 wrote:

First...Congrats 💥

OP states in his post that he visited site last year and had no offers.

You can get approved 5 years after BK, but you may not get a preapproval.

Thanks! I missed that! 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting in with American, with not one, but two cards!! Enjoy!

Message 6 of 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

First off, congrats on getting inwith Amex 2x

I dont think that your score dropping was due to rebucketing. There is a reason for the drop and if I were you, Id pull my reports and check for errors

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 8
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

‘Grats on your Amex approval Tiz! If you don’t mind me asking, did you IIB Amex?
Also, your score drop could be due to some of your old aged accts (10 yrs) falling off the CRAs as well. Thus, lowering and adversely affecting your AAoA. Only way to tell is to compare your before and after Credit Reports.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.