cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlisPay - From sapphire to seedling!

Re: BlisPay - From sapphire to seedling!

Congrats on your approval and great SL! 

Got some pruning to do... No more new cards!
Message 11 of 15
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Congrats on getting Blispay !

It's a great card for those larger purchases. I don't use mine that often, but between the wife and myself, we've put a funeral on it (paid as soon as insurance funds came in), my $1000+ Personal Property tax last month and a $1000+ dental charge. The 2% back is a nice bonus, but the 0% "no payments - no interest" benefit is great as long as you pay attention.  I just have a feeling that if I used this as a everyday spending card and didn't keep close watch on it, I'd end up paying a lot of retroactive interest, so it's kind of reserved for ever-changing but specific usage, at least for me (and I do keep an updated spreadsheet going monthly). 

I'm a sucker for zero percent financing and bonus spending cash deals, Blispay pretty much does both. 

Message 12 of 15
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

Congrats on getting Blispay !

It's a great card for those larger purchases. I don't use mine that often, but between the wife and myself, we've put a funeral on it (paid as soon as insurance funds came in), my $1000+ Personal Property tax last month and a $1000+ dental charge. The 2% back is a nice bonus, but the 0% "no payments - no interest" benefit is great as long as you pay attention.  I just have a feeling that if I used this as a everyday spending card and didn't keep close watch on it, I'd end up paying a lot of retroactive interest, so it's kind of reserved for ever-changing but specific usage, at least for me (and I do keep an updated spreadsheet going monthly). 

I'm a sucker for zero percent financing and bonus spending cash deals, Blispay pretty much does both. 

Thanks pipeguy.

Watched the threads on this card from the garden since spring and for my kind of spending it just made sense. I have an 8.6k limit on my Citi Diamond Preferred that I've been using for cash if I need it. They are always offering 0% for 15 to 18 months but comes with a 3 or 5% fee. Have 5k thrown into the checking account and $5,150 shows up for what I owe and the money is usually in checking within 48hrs. Not a bad rate, but then you still have to make a 'minimum' payment each month on that transfer.

Blispay will give me 2% to make the purchase, in essence at least a 5% swing in my favor from what I've been doing since there's no upfront fee for the money. Plus, no payment for Five months. This card is definitely not my daily driver and will only be used for those $199 and above puchases as the 'trap' is very visible with the interest setup.

Anyways, hope you don't have many more expenditures like the funeral on your card, *grin*

All the Best...

Brad

Entered GC Dec. 1st '14 -- exited 10/'16(sapphire) to acquire 9k Blispay - Gardening pays off! - Back in 'til ?

EQ             TU             EX      MyFico 05/14/17, while VantageScore 3.0 EQ=815 TU=758 EX=810
Message 13 of 15
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thats wonderful! Congrats to youSmiley Happy

Ive been denied twice for "unable to verify"....ticks me off. They were able to pull a report, so Im sure they could verify. I won't ever apply again for this card unless i have Innivos, and L/N frozen!

My rebuild worked for me, but won't necessarily work for you!
BK7 D/C- 08/2013
Message 14 of 15
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Thats wonderful! Congrats to youSmiley Happy

Ive been denied twice for "unable to verify"....ticks me off. They were able to pull a report, so Im sure they could verify. I won't ever apply again for this card unless i have Innivos, and L/N frozen!

Thx pizza1,

I don't understand the 'unable to verify' either, process didn't require much of a verification of anything. Did they send you a letter? Even for a new company, they still are required to mail you a denial reason, I believe.

Anyways, doesn't look like you are hurting for 'available credit'. *grin*, but it's still aggravating without a good reason.

All the Best

Brad

Entered GC Dec. 1st '14 -- exited 10/'16(sapphire) to acquire 9k Blispay - Gardening pays off! - Back in 'til ?

EQ             TU             EX      MyFico 05/14/17, while VantageScore 3.0 EQ=815 TU=758 EX=810
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.