cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blispay Approved finally (on 4th attempt) but with small SL.

tag
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: Blispay Approved finally (on 4th attempt) but with small SL.

Blispay  aka: First Electronic Bank (Salt Lake City UT)

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I tried applying last month and was denied cause they couldn't verify me. Really wanted to get this card for the 6mths 0% for purchases over $200. Reminds me of Paypal Credit but this actually reports to one of the bureaus at least lol

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love Blispay so much. Its not everyday card to buy coffee or gas $10-20. Take the advantage of big purchase $199 and up installment. You will get the 2% cash back credit to your statement after they cut the statement each month. You will see the credit Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 15
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

My Blispay : Happy in 2016 no longer in 2017 cuz of my $3K SL that will forever never grow Smiley Sad
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 14 of 15
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Say you make 3 purchases over $199 in March, April and May.  Say those purchases are $600 each.  You have 6 months from the day of purchase to pay them off before they retroactively reapply the interests.  

If you make a $200 payment it will be taken off what you owe on your oldest big purchase.  Therefore you would still owe $400 of your original purchase and still the full $600 on the other two promos.  Their software does the work for you.

Where it can get tricky is if you have several other non promo purchases.  Say you spend an additional $200 on 6 purchases on the same statement.  Then if you make a $200 payment you still owe the full $600 on your first promo.

So your payment money first goes to non promo purchases.  I learned this by paying what it said was left on a promo and then it came back as still owing like $15 to end the 6 month promo before interest.

^ This is nicely explained by CreditContractor.  I actually plan to consider using the card for both everyday and promo purchases.  You just make payments on everyday purchases within the statement period plus any additional amount that you want applied to the oldest promo; reviewing the statement makes it easy to see how much the payment needs to be.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.