cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blispay wants me to call in for decision?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Blispay wants me to call in for decision?

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! I'm at 705, I'll wait a couple more months. Would probably be good at Christmas Smiley Happy 

That's exactly what I was thinking!  I'll use it a lot at Christmas!!

Message 31 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tamaralig wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Everyone that applies for Blispay gets this message and everyone has to call in.  It's part of their verification process.  This step has absolutely no bearing on approval verses denial as far as I know as plenty of people have been both approved or denied following this step.  When you call they'll ask you some basic questions... name, address, social etc. and then ask you 2 questions related to your credit reports.  Something like "you opened a credit card in March of 2015, what was the name of the creditor?" or "who is your current lender for your auto loan?" things like that.  Upon answering their verification questions, I (and many) were told that the application would be processed and that a decision would be received via email once complete.  Others have reported getting a decision moments after; some (like me) waited upwards of 3 weeks for a decision.  Others, ridiculously, after weeks of waiting received denials based on their identity not being able to be verified. 

Good luck; hopefully you get a quick and painless approval!

I didn't have to call it was an instant and showed on screen..Card came a few days later

OP verification isn't bad I like it actually....I think it's a good security measure especially in my case where I did have someone using my name before I turned 18 heck back then I had apartments, credit cards, utilities all before I was 5

I was just confused as to why it had me verify information during my application process and then wanted me to call in for another verification.  It wasn't bad but I like instant approvals 😁

Message 32 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am pretty sure that extra verification step happens when there are several inquiries and new accounts in the past 6 months.

Not necessarily.  I had to call in for verification and had 0 inquiries or new accounts in the previous 15 months.

Message 33 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not necessarily.  I had to call in for verification and had 0 inquiries or new accounts in the previous 15 months.

Did you not apply for several cc's when you applied for Blispay?  I didn't state every extra verification was for the previous 6 month activity but the majority (95%) have stated they had app sprees.  I have also seen it trigger if someone moved in the past 6 months.  

Message 34 of 37
mystikal1
Established Contributor

Congrats! I want this card also, but it didn't fit in with my last app spree.

Message 35 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you not apply for several cc's when you applied for Blispay?  I didn't state every extra verification was for the previous 6 month activity but the majority (95%) have stated they had app sprees.  I have also seen it trigger if someone moved in the past 6 months.  

I applied for a few others, but none pulled the same bureau as Blispay so there's no way they would know that I applied for anything else.  The only other CC that I applied for in 15 years was 15 months prior to applying for Blispay (my last inquiry).

Message 36 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@tamaralig wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Everyone that applies for Blispay gets this message and everyone has to call in.  It's part of their verification process.  This step has absolutely no bearing on approval verses denial as far as I know as plenty of people have been both approved or denied following this step.  When you call they'll ask you some basic questions... name, address, social etc. and then ask you 2 questions related to your credit reports.  Something like "you opened a credit card in March of 2015, what was the name of the creditor?" or "who is your current lender for your auto loan?" things like that.  Upon answering their verification questions, I (and many) were told that the application would be processed and that a decision would be received via email once complete.  Others have reported getting a decision moments after; some (like me) waited upwards of 3 weeks for a decision.  Others, ridiculously, after weeks of waiting received denials based on their identity not being able to be verified. 

Good luck; hopefully you get a quick and painless approval!

I didn't have to call it was an instant and showed on screen..Card came a few days later

OP verification isn't bad I like it actually....I think it's a good security measure especially in my case where I did have someone using my name before I turned 18 heck back then I had apartments, credit cards, utilities all before I was 5

I was just confused as to why it had me verify information during my application process and then wanted me to call in for another verification.  It wasn't bad but I like instant approvals 😁

Oh don't get me wrong lol I love them too. congrats too!

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.