Did you mean: 

BlockFi Approval $25K

tag
greatscott85
Frequent Contributor

Re: BlockFi Approval $25K

@dcp0524 wrote:

@merlinflex wrote:

After doing a phone verification for them earlier today was just approved for $25K. Kinda wish it was higher since most of credit cards are $40K CL's or more. Stats: FICO score attached No lates ever, no derogs, at 5% utilization of $700K in CL's. Single income is $550K and combined income is $800K. Oldest account is 1992, Amex, freshman year in college.
Prob will accept once I unlock my experian. Wonder how easy CLI's will be in the future.....

Congrats on the approval!! 🎉🎉🎉

Everytime I see a BlockFi approval I am a tad jealous. Kentucky DFI sent them a cease and desist order so I'm SOL for time being. 

What the actual frack? Did they just ignore it? Smiley Very Happy   

Message 11 of 18
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your BlockFi Rewards Visa approval

Message 12 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@greatscott85 wrote:

@dcp0524 wrote:

@merlinflex wrote:

After doing a phone verification for them earlier today was just approved for $25K. Kinda wish it was higher since most of credit cards are $40K CL's or more. Stats: FICO score attached No lates ever, no derogs, at 5% utilization of $700K in CL's. Single income is $550K and combined income is $800K. Oldest account is 1992, Amex, freshman year in college.
Prob will accept once I unlock my experian. Wonder how easy CLI's will be in the future.....

Congrats on the approval!! 🎉🎉🎉

Everytime I see a BlockFi approval I am a tad jealous. Kentucky DFI sent them a cease and desist order so I'm SOL for time being. 

The product is restricted in NY and KY due to state regulations.

Message 13 of 18
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your BlockFi approval 👍🏼

Message 14 of 18
dcp0524
Regular Contributor

No, BlockFi didn't ignore the cease and desist, that's why anyone that lives in KY cannot open a BlockFi account or credit card. 

“A recent DFI investigation found Blockfi is offering securities in the form of investment contracts in relation to the deposit of virtual currencies with the company. The firm, which is headquartered in New Jersey, has not registered these securities with the Kentucky DFI or the Securities and Exchange Commission, as required by law,” said the official statement."

Total Revolving: $159,800 - Utilization: less than 1%

Bank/Loans:

Future Apps:

04/27/2023
FICO 8 - EX: 744 | TU: 772 | EQ: 763
VS 3.0 - EX: 759 | TU: 792 | EQ: 811
Message 15 of 18
dcp0524
Regular Contributor

Why did Kentucky do that? 

From my understanding KY sees the accounts as unregistered securities and BlockFi insist they're not unregistered securities, but complied with the cease and desist anyways. 

Total Revolving: $159,800 - Utilization: less than 1%

Bank/Loans:

Future Apps:

04/27/2023
FICO 8 - EX: 744 | TU: 772 | EQ: 763
VS 3.0 - EX: 759 | TU: 792 | EQ: 811
Message 16 of 18
greatscott85
Frequent Contributor

@dcp0524  Whomp whomp. Looks like they tried to fight it and there are other states pursuing a similar path. They are going to need better lawyers! Can't help but wonder how that will affect the current BlockFI customers. Interesting! 

Message 17 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your BlockFI approval.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.