cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bloomingdale's $6k CLI -- Macy's CLI Denial

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Frequent Contributor

Bloomingdale's $6k CLI -- Macy's CLI Denial

Hey All,

Called up and requested a CLI with my Bloomingdale's store card. Been steady at 1x/month over the past 3 months with the following growth pattern:

Opened 8/2016 - $1000 SL -> 8/2019 CLI to $1300 -> 9/2019 CLI to $1800 -> 10/2019 CLI to $3600 -> Today CLI to $9600

Requested $10k and they countered.

Tried Macy's immediately after which has been growing at a much more rapid pace but on the same cycle monthly.

Opened 10/2017 - $100 SL -> 8/2019 CLI to $3100 -> 9/2019 CLI to $6000 -> 10/2019 CLI to $10,000 -> Today Denied

Requested $15k and had to wait for call back for identity verification, was told "unable to approve at this time and I will receive a letter". First denial for CLI in a while with Macy's; was previously 3 for 3. I suspect it was beause I have not made a single purchase since my last increase.

Anyways, I am happy with the outcome on Bloomingdale's obviously. Will help with aggregate utilization and I far prefer them over macy's in as far as department stores go. 

I wanted to grow the Macy's for conversion and upgrade to Amex. Hopefully it is not stalled out indefinitely.

Screen-Shot-2019-08-25-at-8-03-49-PMScreen-Shot-2019-08-21-at-7-25-12-PM
13 REPLIES 13
Valued Contributor

Re: Bloomingdale's $6k CLI -- Macy's CLI Denial

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 2 of 14

Not bad progress, grats Smiley Happy
"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 3 of 14
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the CLI! Great progress

Officially in the garden until October 2021!!
Message 4 of 14
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Message 5 of 14
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Nice limitsSmiley Happy.
#ChaseCreditCardHobby Enthusiast
!
Message 6 of 14
Contributor

That always happens to me with macy's and bloomingdales.

One gets approved, the other denied (because of a recent CLI on an associated account is the reason they give)

QS WMC $9.2k | Merrick Visa $4.3k | Saks WEMC $7k | Eddie Bauer $4k | Caesar Rewds VSig $25k | PayPal Extras MC $10k | Lexus Pursuits VSig $24.7k | Macy's AMEX $18k | Citi Smplcty MC $6.1k | SFFCU VIsa $5.5k| Wells Fargo Propel AMEX $15k | Citi Costco VSig $6k | Bloomingdales $13.1k | Wells Fargo Cash Wise VSig $5k | AMEX Cash Magnet $4k | Discover IT $4k | Chase Frdm Unlmtd VSig $8.7k |
Message 7 of 14
Frequent Contributor

Interesting, I am usually able to get both on the same day. I guess not this time. Lol

Screen-Shot-2019-08-25-at-8-03-49-PMScreen-Shot-2019-08-21-at-7-25-12-PM
Message 8 of 14
Senior Contributor

In baseball, a .500 batting average makes you a God

Congrats  on your Bloomie luv

3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>12/2019 CCT EX 815 TU 824 EQ 825
Jack Webb: "That figures. Now let me see if I got the facts straight here. Cleaning woman Clara Clifford discovered your clean copper clappers kept in a closet were copped by Claude Cooper the kleptomaniac from Cleveland. Now, is that about it?"
Message 9 of 14
Frequent Contributor

I have them spaced out.

So I get cli on both.

I always make a purchase immediately after getting a cli.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.