Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue cash everyday

tag
ginger1477
Regular Contributor

Blue cash everyday

I promise this is it and I'm done applying for new cards...  So i was on the amex site looking at charges on my delta gold card and I had time to waste so I looked around and saw the charge and credit card offers link and it sparked my interest.   It came up with three cards the delta I already have,  the bce, and some charge I won't be getting because the fees aren't worth it for what I spend.   So I went ahead and did the thing for the bce, only because there was a little statement along the lines of this is offered based on your credit.  It didn't sound like they were just saying go ahead and apply and we'll think about it.  So I got approved for a thousand dollar limit.   Not much but I only intend to use it for car rentals once every couple of months after I meet the bonus criteria.   Now that I have an amex I'll actually be keeping I'm wondering when I should cancel the delta?  I hardly fly and I wanted any amex just for the primary insurance that is offered when renting cars.  I know there are better credit cards that have it as a built in feature but I think the next ice age in hell will be well underway before I qualify for them. 

Also the best buy visa must be lowering it's standards cause I got approved for two thousand.   

Here a little bit on my profile,  I know my experian report has 31 inquires,  not sure on the other two but likely just as high.   My score could be anywhere between 640 and 650.  I used to worry about balances reporting but in the past few months I've just been letting the statements cut with whatever was on there.  I've got a couple of student loans that are being paid down quickly and the rest are credit cards. Sorry I'm not too good on specifics.

I did apply (and get denied) for a citi double cash.   I phoned to ask about the status and was told it was manually reviewed and denied due to bankruptcy reporting.   At least that'll stop me from applying until my report is 100% clear of negatives.   

Well just wanted to share with people who actually care about this kind of stuff.

Capital One Quicksilver: 14k * Alliant: 4k * BoA: 6k * Discover 5k * Best Buy Visa: 10k * Amex BCE: 7k, Amex Everyday: 1k * Target RedCard: 9k * Walmart: 10k * Citi 2k * Care Credit: 10k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Blue cash everyday

Congrats! Amex has gotten more lenient lately on approving those of us with mid-600s EX scores. Try for the 3x CLI once your card hits the 61 day mark.
Message 2 of 8
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

Congrats, how long since BK been discharged

Current Scores EQ 689| EX 688| TU 679
Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
GARDENING UNTIL APPING....
Message 3 of 8
ginger1477
Regular Contributor

Shawn it was discharged in January of 2011.  By now most of the accounts that were included no longer appear on my reports but the public record still does. 

Capital One Quicksilver: 14k * Alliant: 4k * BoA: 6k * Discover 5k * Best Buy Visa: 10k * Amex BCE: 7k, Amex Everyday: 1k * Target RedCard: 9k * Walmart: 10k * Citi 2k * Care Credit: 10k
Message 4 of 8
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congratz on your shiny new BCE!! May I ask how long you've had the Delta Gold before you app'd for the bce?

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 5 of 8
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

Ok thanks, im waiting for the day I can get in with AMEX, however, I didnt burn them in my BK 7

@ginger1477 wrote:

Shawn it was discharged in January of 2011.  By now most of the accounts that were included no longer appear on my reports but the public record still does. 

Current Scores EQ 689| EX 688| TU 679
Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
GARDENING UNTIL APPING....
Message 6 of 8
susieqj
Regular Contributor

Yayyy Congratulations!!

I was also approved for Amex blue cash everyday. It is such a rewarding feeling.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your amex. I have that card and it's not too bad. Probably a good time to start gardening though.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.