cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA 123 Cash Rewards Approved $20K after reallocation :)

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

BoA 123 Cash Rewards Approved $20K after reallocation :)

I was logged into my BoA account and decided to check my customized offers, even though nothing ever shows up for me. 

Today was a little different and I had a preapproval for the Cash Rewards card, with a solid APR of 15.99%. I decided to jump on it, because I was also eligible for a CLI on my BBR, so I was going to try the ole BoA Double Dip™ Smiley Happy

Immediate approval for a $9,000 SL. I don't know the APR, but I'm assuming with the solid APR, I might have gotten it. My plan is to activate the card, then move $11,000 from my BBR to make my first $20K card Smiley Happy I tried to go for the CLI on my BBR but got a 7-10 day message. 

BoA has been very good to me. I started with a $500 BBR and have solidly worked my way up from that starter limit. They're my primary bank, so they see 90% of my money. 

IMG_1455.PNG

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA 123 Cash Rewards Approved :)

@DeeBee78 wrote:

I was logged into my BoA account and decided to check my customized offers, even though nothing ever shows up for me. 

Today was a little different and I had a preapproval for the Cash Rewards card, with a solid APR of 15.99%. I decided to jump on it, because I was also eligible for a CLI on my BBR, so I was going to try the ole BoA Double Dip™ Smiley Happy

Immediate approval for a $9,000 SL. I don't know the APR, but I'm assuming with the solid APR, I might have gotten it. My plan is to activate the card, then move $11,000 from my BBR to make my first $20K card Smiley Happy I tried to go for the CLI on my BBR but got a 7-10 day message. 

BoA has been very good to me. I started with a $500 BBR and have solidly worked my way up from that starter limit. They're my primary bank, so they see 90% of my money. 

IMG_1455.PNG

Nice card to have.  If you have Preferred Rewards, you'll get more point rewards....

Message 2 of 20
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Congrats they have shown me nothing but luv also.

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!  Solid bank, and solid cards!

Message 4 of 20
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Approval! BoA has been kinder to me recently too so i still have a small crush on them right now lol 

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Major Congrats!!!  This is one of my favorite cards!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval!! I love BofA. Nice lineup BTW....Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Will be looking my offer soon Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 20
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone.

Update: APR is showing up online now - I got 17.99%, but I don't pay interest, so not a big deal. 

Just got off the phone with BoA. I now have a $20K limit on my Cash Rewards, and a $1.3K limit on my BBR. Smiley Happy 

Edit: Anyone know how long it takes for BoA online to update with the new limits? I'm still showing $9K on the 123 and $12.3K on the BBR.

Edit Again: Nevermind - They finally updated. Lost a ton of my cash advance line (was 50% of CL on my BBR, now only 20% on my 123), but I don't take cash advances anyways. 

Message 9 of 20
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on your approval!! I love BofA. Nice lineup BTW....Smiley Happy

Thanks, I'll be trimming the herd soon. All my Amex cards are probably on the chopping block. Can't use my revolvers without paying down frequently, and PRG customer service was terrible when they cut off my spending. Will probably replace with Chase Sapphire Preferred next year. I will also be getting rid of Chevron Visa, and WF CashWise if no CLI on them, and will be moving AARP limit into Freedom Unlimited and Amazon. Discover might get the chop soon if no CLI luv from them. 

I'm more interested in growing a core group of cards to larger limits these days. 

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.