Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA -15k Bump to 50K!

tag
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA -15k Bump to 50K!

@RickNATL wrote:

That's going to be my next attempt. Congrats!!!

Sounds good! I look forward to reading your success/approval in the future Smiley Happy

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 21 of 37
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Wow!  Congratulations on your CLI! 

April 2024: Experian 772; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 22 of 37
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your BofA CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 23 of 37
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the nice increase!

Message 24 of 37
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@RonM21 wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

@RonM21 wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

, your 'shot in the dark' gave me a Road Map to getting a shot at $50K with the Cash Rewards VISA (once I apply and get approved in 2021). 

Yes, the Steelers are struggling right now, but I believe they will turn it around in time for the NFL Championship Game in February!

Cool! Well best of luck to you in '21 on this card! I have full confidence you will be successful in your goals with this card, and in other goals. Using this site and the helpful info from the people on here has been gold for me. I'd like to think that I eventually helped others as well along the way once I learned a lot and was on here very heavy for a period of time. 

And, I hope you are right on them Steelers Smiley Wink

, Thanks for the vote of confidence!!

I agree with you about the FORUMS. Before I started my Credit Rebuild in April 2018, I had given up on credit cards (aftermath of the 2009 Great Recession) and decided to use Debit cards or cash for purchases. Then, in January 2016 I decided to apply for the No Credit Check Secured OpenSky CC to protect my Debit card from online purchases.  That card is the foundation for my April 2018 Rebuild project. As you can see in my Signature, I have learned a lot since then. It's been quite a journey, but I wouldn't have been successful without the information shared by myFICOers each and EVERY DAY!!

THANK YOU myFICO family!!! Smiley Very Happy

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 25 of 37
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Man you've sure had a good run with that CC!! Congratulations on the massive success you've had with it!!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 26 of 37
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Marz2002 wrote:

@RonM21 wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

@RonM21 wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

, your 'shot in the dark' gave me a Road Map to getting a shot at $50K with the Cash Rewards VISA (once I apply and get approved in 2021). 

Yes, the Steelers are struggling right now, but I believe they will turn it around in time for the NFL Championship Game in February!

Cool! Well best of luck to you in '21 on this card! I have full confidence you will be successful in your goals with this card, and in other goals. Using this site and the helpful info from the people on here has been gold for me. I'd like to think that I eventually helped others as well along the way once I learned a lot and was on here very heavy for a period of time. 

I agree with you about the FORUMS. Before I started my Credit Rebuild in April 2018, I had given up on credit cards (aftermath of the 2009 Great Recession) and decided to use Debit cards or cash for purchases. Then, in January 2016 I decided to apply for the No Credit Check Secured OpenSky CC to protect my Debit card from online purchases.  That card is the foundation for my April 2018 Rebuild project. As you can see in my Signature, I have learned a lot since then. It's been quite a journey, but I wouldn't have been successful without the information shared by myFICOers each and EVERY DAY!!

Very well said!! The members here are priceless. It's hard to explain how much I've been helped by many members here! Greatly appreciated 🙏

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 27 of 37
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

@RonM21 wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

@RonM21 wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

Very well said!! The members here are priceless. It's hard to explain how much I've been helped by many members here! Greatly appreciated 🙏

Thanks , I agree with you - the knowledge that we have access to on these Forums is PRICELESS!! Smiley Very Happy

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 28 of 37
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@RonM21 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Wow, from a 1k starter to 50K, excellent and a big grats to you Smiley Happy

But then again, the whole journey has been unbelievable really. I'm sure many can relate. 

I can relate to that! Around a a year and a half ago I was looking on Capital One's Creditwise site and I saw a column that said "Available Credit" and my rating was listed as "Average". At the time my total CL was $8000. After looking closer at it, I saw that you needed $50K of total credit to be considered "Excellent".  I remember thinking "Why in the world would I ever want that much credit, and how would I get it, if I did??" I started aggressively seeking CLIs on my cards I had at the time, then I found this place. Now my total CLs are over $140K and DW (who had never had any cards before) has nearly $35K in total CL. 

Like you, I'm blown away at the journey! 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 29 of 37
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

Man you've sure had a good run with that CC!! Congratulations on the massive success you've had with it!!

It has been a good run for sure lol. One I didn't expect with this card early on, especially when this card needed HP's to get increases until a year ago or so. I'm amazed!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.