tag
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA -15k Bump to 50K!

@JNA1 wrote:

@RonM21 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Wow, from a 1k starter to 50K, excellent and a big grats to you Smiley Happy

But then again, the whole journey has been unbelievable really. I'm sure many can relate. 

I can relate to that! Around a a year and a half ago I was looking on Capital One's Creditwise site and I saw a column that said "Available Credit" and my rating was listed as "Average". At the time my total CL was $8000. After looking closer at it, I saw that you needed $50K of total credit to be considered "Excellent".  I remember thinking "Why in the world would I ever want that much credit, and how would I get it, if I did??" I started aggressively seeking CLIs on my cards I had at the time, then I found this place. Now my total CLs are over $140K and DW (who had never had any cards before) has nearly $35K in total CL. 

Like you, I'm blown away at the journey! 

I hear you there! I can definitely recall first hitting these forums and seeing some of the limits people had and thinking how the heck would I ever get that far. I also was clueless how to even grow the limits. I initially came here first to figure out how to get my first two cards and how to manage paying those bills soon as the cards came in the mail. All of that led to where I am now. Incredible.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 31 of 37
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Really happy for you @RonM21 That's great!  Congratulations on your approval!!!  And Congrats on hitting $50K on a single card

I have had some traction with them this year and like you, I haven't used the card all that much and I haven't let a balance post, I think I may try your approach before my next request!!

Message 32 of 37
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your BofA CLI!

|  
Message 33 of 37
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on your BoA luv

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 34 of 37
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

Really happy for you @RonM21 That's great!  Congratulations on your approval!!!  And Congrats on hitting $50K on a single card

I have had some traction with them this year and like you, I haven't used the card all that much and I haven't let a balance post, I think I may try your approach before my next request!!

@cashorcharge  Go for it! It was a hunch on my part for sure to let the balance post. And also still, I don't know if I should've waited a full cycle for them to collect a round of interest first, then paid it off before hitting the luv button. I guess that's up for debate Smiley Happy 

It worked out for me in this instance, and maybe that approach didn't even factor in for all I know. I hope it works out for you when you do try!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 35 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been searching and searching ... does the BoA Cash Rewards luv button initiate a HP or Soft Pull?

Message 36 of 37
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been searching and searching ... does the BoA Cash Rewards luv button initiate a HP or Soft Pull?

SP though it has come back and said it will need to be an HP in the past.

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.