cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Alaskan Airlines VS Approved - SL $11K

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

BoA Alaskan Airlines VS Approved - SL $11K

I applied for the SUB (30K Points) and Companion Fare. I dropped in here to provide some data points for future applicants.

Instant Approval
SL - $11K

Transunion Pull
TU Fico 8 - 742

Inquires
Total 10 (11 including this one.)
Nov - 1
Dec - 2
Jan - 1

New Accounts
12 in 12mo (13 if you count not-yet-reported PRG, 14 with this approval.)
7 in 6mo (8 w/ PRG, 9 w/ Alaskan)
2 in 3mo (3 w/ PRG, 4 w/ Alaskan)

AAoA - 7yr8mo
Oldest Account - 14yr
Aggregate Utilization - 8%
Highest Single Card Utilization - 35%

I initially applied for a $10K CLI on my Cash Rewards card but recieved the 7-10 review message. I went with this sequence of applying because I knew that pull would likely be a TU pull and my TU score is higher than my EX score. I then applied for the Alaskan card knowing that it would likely be the same pull per usual.

It is possible that I'm maxed on BoA exposure. Though I have not swiped the Cash Rewards card in 3-4 months as it is currently home to a 0% BT offer. The other possiblity is that the CLI was not approved due to new activity on the card. I'll update this post here when I receive the letter or receive the CLI.

I think this is all I have for data points. This is my second time typing this out. I'm not sure what happened to the first attempt. If I forgot something, let me know.

Thanks to the board at large again for the invaluable information it provides. Other score info is in my signature. Now I'm off to likely close my Amex BCE card and Dell Preferred card and chillgarden for 3-6 months.


Beginning Journey April 2017 – FICO 8

Current Scores May 2018 – FICO 8

Started this credit game with $8400 TCL in 04/17 now I'm at $150K+.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA Alaskan Airlines VS Approved

Congrats on getting the Signature version! I actually declined an approval today because the analyst only wanted to offer me a $3k SL, which would've got me a Platinum card without any of the real benefits or SUB. I asked to move CL from another card to get it to $5k, and she wouldn't, so I said no thank you. I used the HP to increase the CL on my Premium Rewards card, and got an additional $7.2k.

I just needed to move $2k to get the Signature Alaska card. Go figure.

Oh, but I'm going to apply again in a few days, and hope I get a different outcome.

 

Edit: BTW, you might've got a little lucky. They told me they use EX for new apps and TU for CLIs. 

AMEX | BofA | Barclays | Cap One | Chase | Citi | Discover | GS | PenFed | SYNCB (PP MC, Lowe's, Amazon, PP Credit) | US Bank
Message 2 of 11
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BoA Alaskan Airlines VS Approved

Congrats on the successful strategic App!


My most prized tradeline.
Message 3 of 11
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: BoA Alaskan Airlines VS Approved


@imaximous wrote:

Congrats on getting the Signature version! I actually declined an approval today because the analyst only wanted to offer me a $3k SL, which would've got me a Platinum card without any of the real benefits or SUB. I asked to move CL from another card to get it to $5k, and she wouldn't, so I said no thank you. I used the HP to increase the CL on my Premium Rewards card, and got an additional $7.2k.

I just needed to move $2k to get the Signature Alaska card. Go figure.

Oh, but I'm going to apply again in a few days, and hope I get a different outcome.

 

Edit: BTW, you might've got a little lucky. They told me they use EX for new apps and TU for CLIs. 


Yes, that's right. 


Daily Drivers: Penfed Platinum Rewards; NFCU GoRewards; Discover..
Message 4 of 11
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: BoA Alaskan Airlines VS Approved

Congratulations! I love that card!


Daily Drivers: Penfed Platinum Rewards; NFCU GoRewards; Discover..
Message 5 of 11
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA Alaskan Airlines VS Approved


@imaximous wrote:

Congrats on getting the Signature version! I actually declined an approval today because the analyst only wanted to offer me a $3k SL, which would've got me a Platinum card without any of the real benefits or SUB. I asked to move CL from another card to get it to $5k, and she wouldn't, so I said no thank you. I used the HP to increase the CL on my Premium Rewards card, and got an additional $7.2k.

I just needed to move $2k to get the Signature Alaska card. Go figure.

Oh, but I'm going to apply again in a few days, and hope I get a different outcome.

 

Edit: BTW, you might've got a little lucky. They told me they use EX for new apps and TU for CLIs. 


I’m frustrated for you. Banks are weird. My CLI went pending but a new card was approved. I guess we’ll never truly get how they work. 

 

BoA tends to use the same pull for 30 days so you can potentially leverage your highest score/best report between TU/EX when applying, if you’re a preexisting customer. Hopefully, that doesn’t change. 

 

Congrats on that sweet CLI. You made that pull count. 



Beginning Journey April 2017 – FICO 8

Current Scores May 2018 – FICO 8

Started this credit game with $8400 TCL in 04/17 now I'm at $150K+.
Message 6 of 11
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA Alaskan Airlines VS Approved


@4theLoveofPoints wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

Congrats on getting the Signature version! I actually declined an approval today because the analyst only wanted to offer me a $3k SL, which would've got me a Platinum card without any of the real benefits or SUB. I asked to move CL from another card to get it to $5k, and she wouldn't, so I said no thank you. I used the HP to increase the CL on my Premium Rewards card, and got an additional $7.2k.

I just needed to move $2k to get the Signature Alaska card. Go figure.

Oh, but I'm going to apply again in a few days, and hope I get a different outcome.

 

Edit: BTW, you might've got a little lucky. They told me they use EX for new apps and TU for CLIs. 


I’m frustrated for you. Banks are weird. My CLI went pending but a new card was approved. I guess we’ll never truly get how they work. 

 

BoA tends to use the same pull for 30 days so you can potentially leverage your highest score/best report between TU/EX when applying, if you’re a preexisting customer. Hopefully, that doesn’t change. 

 

Congrats on that sweet CLI. You made that pull count. 


Thanks Smiley Happy

 

I'm pretty sure your CLI will get approved - hopefully for the full amount. Most likely, the requested CLI was a little higher than what the automated system was willing to grant, and it went to review. If you call, you can expedite the process. Been there, done that a few times. 

I'm almost counting on reusing the same pull to apply for the card again with a trick I learned by accident. I hope to get someone more eager to work with me this time. Enjoy the free trips Smiley Happy 

AMEX | BofA | Barclays | Cap One | Chase | Citi | Discover | GS | PenFed | SYNCB (PP MC, Lowe's, Amazon, PP Credit) | US Bank
Message 7 of 11
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA Alaskan Airlines VS Approved

Congratulations on the BoA approval!!! and thanks for all of the good info

State Farm Rewards (3,000) ~ Marvel MC (8,000) ~ PenFed Power Cash (10,000) ~ PenFed Promise (1,000) ~ PenFed OLOC (500) ~ Discover ($1,100) ~ Citi DC (2,200) ~ NFCU cashRewards (6,200) ~ NFCU Platinum (2,700) ~ NFCU CLOC (15,000) ~ Venture (10,300) ~ DCU Visa (5,000) ~ Chase Freedom (3,000) ~ Amex Hilton Honors (5,000) ~ Amex SPG (1,000) ~ Amex BCE (1,000) ~ Care Credit (15,000)
Current Scores (6/6/18): 697 Transunion, 659 Equifax, 674 Experian
Message 8 of 11
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA Alaskan Airlines VS Approved


@imaximous wrote:

@4theLoveofPoints

Thanks Smiley Happy

 

I'm pretty sure your CLI will get approved - hopefully for the full amount. Most likely, the requested CLI was a little higher than what the automated system was willing to grant, and it went to review. If you call, you can expedite the process. Been there, done that a few times. 

I'm almost counting on reusing the same pull to apply for the card again with a trick I learned by accident. I hope to get someone more eager to work with me this time. Enjoy the free trips Smiley Happy 


No-go on the CLI request.  They cited "Too many recent inquires."  I may try on my Premium Rewards card before the 30 days is up though I'm leaning towards not attempting.  If I do, it'll just be to provide data points for a decently unique scenario.



Beginning Journey April 2017 – FICO 8

Current Scores May 2018 – FICO 8

Started this credit game with $8400 TCL in 04/17 now I'm at $150K+.
Message 9 of 11
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA Alaskan Airlines VS Approved


@4theLoveofPoints wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

@4theLoveofPoints

Thanks Smiley Happy

 

I'm pretty sure your CLI will get approved - hopefully for the full amount. Most likely, the requested CLI was a little higher than what the automated system was willing to grant, and it went to review. If you call, you can expedite the process. Been there, done that a few times. 

I'm almost counting on reusing the same pull to apply for the card again with a trick I learned by accident. I hope to get someone more eager to work with me this time. Enjoy the free trips Smiley Happy 


No-go on the CLI request.  They cited "Too many recent inquires."  I may try on my Premium Rewards card before the 30 days is up though I'm leaning towards not attempting.  If I do, it'll just be to provide data points for a decently unique scenario.


Bummer! I'm sorry it didn't work out. I'm still working on my own upgrade now. The request to upgrade was processed and now I just have to wait a long ass time. I've gone through this before. All BofA's PCs take forever, so the rep told me it should all be finalized sometime around the middle of June, I think. My account was noted to get the SUB and all the other stuff, but I won't take their word for it until I actually see it posted to my account. 

AMEX | BofA | Barclays | Cap One | Chase | Citi | Discover | GS | PenFed | SYNCB (PP MC, Lowe's, Amazon, PP Credit) | US Bank
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.