cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA BBR CLI - Now my second-highest limit!

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: BoA BBR CLI - Now my second-highest limit!

@kdm31091 wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Congrats on CLI!  

If you're looking for ways to use BBR, it is underrated as a BT card;  you can often get very good 0% offers.  I have two BBRs, one that I am using for BTs and the other for my monthly Disney AP billing and for BankAmeriDeals.   

I don't currently have anything to BT to it, but I wish I had the option. Currently the card shows not eligible for BT's at this time, not sure why either. It says to call them, but I don't want to talk to someone

You tend to get better BT offers by calling in.   At one point, the website had a 12 month 0% offer for me, but I called in and got an 18 month offer, which I gladly took.   Alternately, keep checking back from time to time.   My 2nd BBR didn't have any offers and now it's getting similar offers to my 1st BBR.  

So I just called them. Apparently I'm a "Preferred Client" of some sort. They answered the phone with, "Thank you for calling BoA Preferred Client services...."

Anyways, "Donna" said this the standard text you see when there is no BT offer on your account. She said if a BT was available, it would show up. I asked if I had any offers on my account for a BT, and she said no. 

She was very suspicious of me, and asked if I was experiencing a financial hardship because I was looking for a BT at the standard APR. I told her no, I wasn't looking for a BT, I was just wondering why I never see BT offers when other people with Bank of America accounts tell me they always have them. 

Remind me to not call them again. 

Well, from their perspective, someone is probably desperate if they are asking for a BT at a standard rate.  If someone is going to pay standard interest they probably really need the money and BOA may want to know why.

I wouldn't call, there's really no reason to -- if there's an offer it appears online.

If there is an offer online I would still call, though... many people (including myself) have called to find the offer available to a CSR is better than the offer that's online. 

In my case the CSR offer was for 15 months instead of the advertised 12... not a huge difference, but still better.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.