Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA BBR Denial, recon, then approved w/ credit transfer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA BBR Denial, recon, then approved w/ credit transfer

Decided to take the plunge and be impatient to get the BBR (even though I should really start gardening instead..) I'm very new, improved from no history to 720 in 1 year. Very surprised to get the insta-denial so of course I reconned. First guy says my thin file/history doesn't justify a new card, won't budge when I suggest transferring the credit over from my rewards-less, useless BoA card. Second woman gives same reasons but bites on the transfer offer. Currently waiting on the 48-hr recon to move $1000 over to the BBR. Let's see how it goes! The $120 would be great to help pay for food Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA BBR Denial, recon, then approved!

Approved! Moved $1000 over to the BBR, getting card this week. Great service, BoA cards are not ideal by any means especially for rewards but I have very little complaints!

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Approved! Moved $1000 over to the BBR, getting card this week. Great service, BoA cards are not ideal by any means especially for rewards but I have very little complaints!

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Smiley WinkSmiley Tongue

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

nice tactic! congrats on the new card!

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the recon. Is it better to transfer or allocate some cash to the new card or recon the denial? How long you had your card? Inqs?

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done! Congratulations!

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA BBR Denial, recon, then approved w/ credit transfer

Essentially it's a one percent card if you spend 1200 a year on it. Unless you only do a small chArge like Netflix and let it roll for the statement hint hint. I do love my BBR card. To earn 120 bucks a year to pay for Netflix it pays for itself
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't want to waste the HP so I didn't bother just asking for a straight recon especially since the first rep wouldn't budge. I don't use my other BoA card at all now that I have rewards cards, that CL is my highest and my first so better to transfer it than have it go to waste. 3 EX HPs before this app, had BoA card since Jan 2015, good utilization and PIF until April when I got Citi Double Cash

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA BBR Denial, recon, then approved w/ credit transfer

Yeah @Andydenver86 I have no intention of using the BBR regularly. Some auto payment will go on it and I will sit back and collect the money. Not sure what though since I don't have any monthly subscriptions going on..
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Very nice, congrats on the approval !!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.