cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Bankamericard Approved -- Recon for higher CL?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA Bankamericard Approved -- Recon for higher CL?

Ive received several of these pre-approved mailings from BoA over the past several months for Bankamericard MC.. Yesterday I decided to bite and used the invite code on the mailed piece yesterday and was approved for $10K.  Offer is 18 mo/0% Purchases and BTs, no BT fee for BTs made within 60 days, 12.99% APR after promo period.  I have one revolving account left with a balance with AMEX.. That balance is $16K, with a $24.5K limit.  Including the $10K BoA approved for, my overall utilization is at 22%.. Total credit lines are around $86K.

When I did the app, I did not specify any BTs on the app because I wanted to see what it would get approved for first.. I'd like to do a BT of the full $16K from AMEX (Have 60 days to get it set up).  I'm wondering if its worthwhile to contact BoA to reconsider the initial CL in order to be able to do the full BT of the AMEX..  My FICO 8 scores as of this morning are EQ 806, TU 808, EX 802  (EX dropped 3 from the BoA HP).  I have 0 bads on my report.. Pretty extensive history.. 115 month average age, most recent opened account was 25 mos ago.  

Is it worthwhile to give them a call?  If so, does anyone have a current working backdoor number for them?

Thanks,

Rick

4 REPLIES 4
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA Bankamericard Approved -- Recon for higher CL?

@Anonymous wrote:

Ive received several of these pre-approved mailings from BoA over the past several months for Bankamericard MC.. Yesterday I decided to bite and used the invite code on the mailed piece yesterday and was approved for $10K.  Offer is 18 mo/0% Purchases and BTs, no BT fee for BTs made within 60 days, 12.99% APR after promo period.  I have one revolving account left with a balance with AMEX.. That balance is $16K, with a $24.5K limit.  Including the $10K BoA approved for, my overall utilization is at 22%.. Total credit lines are around $86K.

When I did the app, I did not specify any BTs on the app because I wanted to see what it would get approved for first.. I'd like to do a BT of the full $16K from AMEX (Have 60 days to get it set up).  I'm wondering if its worthwhile to contact BoA to reconsider the initial CL in order to be able to do the full BT of the AMEX..  My FICO 8 scores as of this morning are EQ 806, TU 808, EX 802  (EX dropped 3 from the BoA HP).  I have 0 bads on my report.. Pretty extensive history.. 115 month average age, most recent opened account was 25 mos ago.  

Is it worthwhile to give them a call?  If so, does anyone have a current working backdoor number for them?

Thanks,

Rick

You can always try.  But it is not good to do BT very close to the full credit line.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m not too concerned about that one account being close to the max.. It’s only going to be temporary as My score is high enough to absorb the short term drop, and I don’t plan on seeking new credit for at least another six months - and by then, the balance will be below 50% of the CL.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ended up calling the 866-618-4585 backdoor number... They declined the higher CL citing lack of BoA credit history and lack of BoA associated checking/savings accounts.. Ended up doing the BT over the phone with her anyway for a partial.

Message 4 of 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Their analysts are wonderful to speak with.  Sorry you didn't get approved for a higher line, but at least you were given a clear reason for the denial immediately, without the "you'll receive a letter (or our decision) in the mail within 7-10 days" that most other lenders do.  BOA cards can grow fast if you're willing to take a hard pull every now and again.  My BankAmericard was opened in November at $12k, and was already at $34,600 in June (they then took $6k away to open another card, but just gave me $5k of it back) with no swipes and much of a $10 balance transfer left.

BOA actually encourages you to use as much of your limit as you're comfortable with on a balance transfer, but there's always the gamble that other creditors may take AA if they see a maxed card with another lender.  Sounds like you're comfortable with that risk.  Enjoy the relationship, and after you pay the balance transfer off you can easily product change that to a card that better suits your rewards needs if you'd like.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.