FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BoA CLI....Oops

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

About two weeks ago I simultaneously applied for Virgin Atliantic and requested a CLI on CashRewards (limit $10k).  I asked for a new limit of $30k.  About a week later, after Virgin Atlantic had been approved from reallocation of $5k Alaska card and $5k new credit, they tried calling me at home about my CLI request, but I didn't have the chance to call back.  Long story short, they took it upon themselves to shuffle some limits around;  Merrill+ was $15k, they dropped it to $5k, moved that limit to Cashrewards for a new limit of $20k.  I'm actually fine with it, I don't use Merrill+ as much as I thought I would and have a balance of around $1k on it.

Lesson learned, next time I'll call either way.  Maybe I should still call to ask for more Smiley Happy

LOL, see what hapens when you leave them to their own devices?  So Merrill+ is now $5K, CR is $20K, so what are the CLs for Virgin and Alaska?

I was hoping for more credit, not gonna lie!  Hey I took the hard pull lol.  Ok, so Alaska is at $5k, Merrill+ $5k, Virgin $10k, Cashrewards $20k.  I was actually thinking about PC Cashrewards to BBR since I use it to carry balances fairly often.

Not bad in the end, although your Cash Rewards is definitely a monster in comparison to the others.  Since you took the hit, and BofA loves to HP when reallocating CLs, you could have them reallocate to your needs unless you're already satisfied with the end result.  If you're not using the CR as intended, then PC to BBR.  Do you currently have the Privileges CR or the standard CR?

I just have the standard CR.  Do you think I should ask about PC to Privileges?  I don't know much about it.  

I did the PC to Privileges lat year when they allowed it without restrictions but I believe you can't PC to it anymore without having $50K parked in BofA, Merrill or Fidelity.  But you can still apply straight for it.  To avoid the $75 AF, just keep $50K in daily collected balances across all BofA.

Message 11 of 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats!

Message 12 of 13
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

About two weeks ago I simultaneously applied for Virgin Atliantic and requested a CLI on CashRewards (limit $10k).  I asked for a new limit of $30k.  About a week later, after Virgin Atlantic had been approved from reallocation of $5k Alaska card and $5k new credit, they tried calling me at home about my CLI request, but I didn't have the chance to call back.  Long story short, they took it upon themselves to shuffle some limits around;  Merrill+ was $15k, they dropped it to $5k, moved that limit to Cashrewards for a new limit of $20k.  I'm actually fine with it, I don't use Merrill+ as much as I thought I would and have a balance of around $1k on it.

Lesson learned, next time I'll call either way.  Maybe I should still call to ask for more Smiley Happy

LOL, see what hapens when you leave them to their own devices?  So Merrill+ is now $5K, CR is $20K, so what are the CLs for Virgin and Alaska?

I was hoping for more credit, not gonna lie!  Hey I took the hard pull lol.  Ok, so Alaska is at $5k, Merrill+ $5k, Virgin $10k, Cashrewards $20k.  I was actually thinking about PC Cashrewards to BBR since I use it to carry balances fairly often.

Not bad in the end, although your Cash Rewards is definitely a monster in comparison to the others.  Since you took the hit, and BofA loves to HP when reallocating CLs, you could have them reallocate to your needs unless you're already satisfied with the end result.  If you're not using the CR as intended, then PC to BBR.  Do you currently have the Privileges CR or the standard CR?

I just have the standard CR.  Do you think I should ask about PC to Privileges?  I don't know much about it.  

I did the PC to Privileges lat year when they allowed it without restrictions but I believe you can't PC to it anymore without having $50K parked in BofA, Merrill or Fidelity.  But you can still apply straight for it.  To avoid the $75 AF, just keep $50K in daily collected balances across all BofA.

Interesting.  I might have that much in Merrill by next year Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.