Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Cash Rewards - 1 Month Extensive Review to Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA Cash Rewards - 1 Month Extensive Review to Approval

So this was taken from the Application part of this forum. Pretty much I applied for this card on 01/18/19 along with the Capital One Savor. My Savor card was ultimately approved after 7-10 business days; however, this BoA card required a lot of hoops to go through.

So to summarize the timeline:

1. Applied on 01/18/19 and denied. Letter was sent requesting additional documents (see below).

2. Received letter on 01/28/19 and submitted required forms on 01/29/19.

3. Forms were reviewed on 02/04/19 and was denied.

4. I called in for a re-consideration on 02/07/19 and was not approved immediately; same process as step 1 where a letter was sent which required me to submit additional information.

5. Received letter on 02/12/19 and submitted required forms on 02/13/19.

6. Received credit alert from Experian on 02/20/19 for a credit inquiry that was made. Checked BoA website to confirm I was approved.

7. Called in to check I was initially approved for $15K (this is false because they taken limit from my other credit cards and re-allocated them to this one).

8. Called again on 02/21/19 to do re-shuffling of credit lines across all 3 BoA cards I have.

Required Forms within the last 30 days:

Two items here:

- Bank Statement

- Utility Bill

- U.S. Passport

- Social Security Card

- Government Issued Foreign Card 

One item here:

- Recent PayStub in the last 30 days

- Signed Tax Forms

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA Cash Rewards - 1 Month Extensive Review to Approval

Congrats on your approval!!!!

Message 2 of 13
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and that is a lot of hoops to jump through!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 3 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats . If they did all that just to allow you to open a new card but with your other limits, you are at max they are willing to lend. Im curious what other cards you have with them and what were your limits.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats . If they did all that just to allow you to open a new card but with your other limits, you are at max they are willing to lend. Im curious what other cards you have with them and what were your limits.

Before the approval, I had 2 Better Balance Rewards cards with a total combined limit of $59,900.

After the approval, my total line across all 3 cards was $66,000. Essentially the approval for the Cash Rewards was for $6,100 haha. Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job on the approval, but jeez that's a lot of work. I've only heard horror stories about BoA from coworkers so I'm a bit leery of them myself.
Message 6 of 13
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Kudos to you for sticking it out there and getting your new card. Others would have quit long ago.

Message 7 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your approval

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Before the approval, I had 2 Better Balance Rewards cards with a total combined limit of $59,900.

After the approval, my total line across all 3 cards was $66,000. Essentially the approval for the Cash Rewards was for $6,100 haha. Smiley LOL

Thanks I figured I had nothing to lose, and I respect Bank of America a lot vs. Citi bank, so I am trying to divert all my spending away from Citi. As mentioned in the other thread, the purpose BoA does this is to weed out "sysnethetic applicants" aka. fraudsters meaning that those individuals would not normally have those documents in handy in opening a credit card. I figured I triggered a review because I had lots of inquiries and my total exposure to BoA was pretty much maxed out. 

Message 9 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Jeez, might have sent them a saliva sample too, glad you were approved but I never would have submitted all that.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.