cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Cash Rewards & BankAmericard CLI Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA Cash Rewards & BankAmericard CLI Approval!

I've been in the midst of rebuilding credit after some really stupid decision making 5 years ago. I started my credit journey with a BoA BankAmericard Secured Card for $600 which recently graduated after 12 months of solid payment history. Around the same time, my FICO jumped from 598 to 656. Figured it was a signal to apply for my first real card.

I stupidly applied for 4 cards at once. Was denied by Barclay's Uber, Amex Blue Cash, Amazon Prime. 

I was approved by BoA for a Cash Rewards with $1,700 limit and my request for a CLI on the now unsecured BankAmericard was approved for $2,000. I think BoA was less nervous about offering me credit given they can see confirmation of my income through my checking/savings with them.

Looking forward to my next card after gardening for the next few months!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA Cash Rewards & BankAmericard CLI Approval!

Congrats on the approvals.

I agree with you about sitting in the garden for the next few months to let what you have age for a little while.

Scores of 670 and above seem to have more success with most CC company's, however there is no ideal formula or answer so YMMV.

Good luck on your future apps.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 2 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats! 

Message 3 of 5
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

COngrats on approvals !!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.