Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA SP CLI + Discover 30 day train has left the station

tag
arkane
Established Contributor

BoA SP CLI + Discover 30 day train has left the station

Edit: Just saw the thread about BoA doing SP CLIs and I just couldn't resist poking my hand into the cookie jar. Limit was at 15K, asked for 35K just to make sure I clinched every penny, and BoA countered with 24K. Still a 9K increase over the existing 15K limit. And it's SP so really can't complain. Smiley Happy

3/23: Hit luv button for $500 CLI, then called to double dip another $600 for $1100 total.

5/6: Repeated what I did on 3/23 with great success

6/6: Hit luv button for $300 CLI but no dice on double dip.

Well at least I got on the Discover 30 day train for a bit, but seems like it's run its course for now (pun intended). Though to be fair they did slap me with a stupid low SL of $2500, so it's only fair they let me enjoy the ride for a bit. Smiley Happy

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover 30 day train has pulled into the station

Congrats for the two you got. Maybe next month DD will be bigger!

I only tried for CLI in March, didn't even think about DD. I've been thinking about trying again after statement close. But 1st CLI was midway between close & due dates. Maybe they don't care about dates?

Message 2 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats least you are on a train my account started with a 1250 limit (yes you heard that right) when my other limits are 20-35k range..  Manager to get it up to 4250 but the last 4 months no CLI's..  just put a 4k charge on it, would of put a 12k charge on it and PIF due to double cash back but couldn't due to limit..  Paid it off and still no luck.. Discover just does bad business IMO and turning down good money by giving people that need the limits toy limits while others that don't use the limits well the limits that way out weigh their spend along with plenty of padding.. /end my rant of discover.  

Least you are getting love still while I just am SMH.  Now that my Double cash is over off to the SD the miles card goes until if ever they give me a useable limit

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

How often did you request CLIs?

You got me beat. DiscoverIT 12/2017, $3700, one $500 CLI in March. The CL is limiting. I love the DC... it could've been so much more were the CL higher.

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Congrats least you are on a train my account started with a 1250 limit (yes you heard that right) when my other limits are 20-35k range..  Manager to get it up to 4250 but the last 4 months no CLI's..  just put a 4k charge on it, would of put a 12k charge on it and PIF due to double cash back but couldn't due to limit..  Paid it off and still no luck.. Discover just does bad business IMO and turning down good money by giving people that need the limits toy limits while others that don't use the limits well the limits that way out weigh their spend along with plenty of padding.. /end my rant of discover.  

Least you are getting love still while I just am SMH.  Now that my Double cash is over off to the SD the miles card goes until if ever they give me a useable limit

Message 4 of 12
arkane
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats for the two you got. Maybe next month DD will be bigger!

I only tried for CLI in March, didn't even think about DD. I've been thinking about trying again after statement close. But 1st CLI was midway between close & due dates. Maybe they don't care about dates?

I think the only "rule" is to wait 30 days between each CLI request, so statement close dates shouldn't play a role.

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

OUCH ok yeah you have it way worse than I do. FWIW I'm pretty sure at least part of the reason is because Discover's target segment is what they term "prime revolvers" and transactors often don't get as much luv.

But yeah absolutely agreed with the part in red, although I guess to them it's all about profitability, and they make much more money charging interest hand over fist than relying on meager swipe fees (which they won't even break even on if the card is only being used for the 5% and nothing else).

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 5 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on getting at least 2 straight months. I never get on a train and double dipping , lol, what's that?Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover 30 day train has left the station

They started me with a 1k limit Smiley Very Happy After 3.5 months and a couple failed CLI requests I woke up to $500 extra. Tried DDing with no luck. Also requested another CLI last month with no luck. I kept reading about the 30 day train but it never stopped for me... Had the card 5 months and put around $2k/mo on it and they're saying I don't have "enough experience with the current credit limit".

If anyone knows, where do I get a ticket and where is the station located? Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 12
arkane
Established Contributor

Well I "double dipped" alright, but with BoA! Got a 9K CLI to bump up my BoA Cash Rewards limit to 24K!! What a day! Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA SP CLI + Discover 30 day train has left the station

Congrats on CLI

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.