Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Travel Rewards CLI

tag
xaximus
Valued Contributor

BoA Travel Rewards CLI

I got this card the first week of July. Put a decent amount of expenses through it over the first 2 months, didn't use it much this month though. I saw the request credit line increase and decided to test my luck. If any of you read my BoA Cash rewards thread, I had requested $20k and got instantly approved, so for this one, I decided to shoot for the stars, requested $100k but got approved for $18.5k but did say that with additional collateral, it can be raised. 

BoA Travel Rewards - SL $9.5k > $18.5k

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA Travel Rewards CLI

Darn good increase, congrats!!  Boy I would like to have seen the post had it been an 80k CLI Smiley Tongue.  "Shock!"

Message 2 of 10
xaximus
Valued Contributor

@Cred4All wrote:

Darn good increase, congrats!!  Boy I would like to have seen the post had it been an 80k CLI Smiley Tongue.  "Shock!"

Oh man, if I had gotten that, I probably would have fallen out of my chair. I'm surprised though that they doubled it that quickly. I figured I'd get like a 2-3k bump since I just had the CLI on the BoA Cash rewards too, but they must like something in my CP. 

TCL - Est. $410K
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nicely played, x. Congrats! on a great CLI.

Have any DPs to share?

Message 4 of 10
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Thanks James_A.

DPs - EX 735 (only one I checked), TU and EQ are both in the low 700's. 

AAoA - 3 something years.

TCL - Est. $410K
Message 5 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I literally lol'd while reading this right now in the docs officeSmiley Happy 100k should be the official "Shoot for the Moon" cli request amountSmiley Wink. awesome increases my friendSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats and nice job not being bashful on the request!  There is a cap that you can ask for online:

borat.png

almost hit it that time, but chickened out and went down to $100k.  LOL

BoA_CLI.png

Interesting note on the additional collateral, though.  I've never seen that one.  DW and I either always got what we asked, a counter-offer (most common until...), or the now dreaded "You have suiffcient credit extended by Bank of America and/or its associates" letter.

Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Bos is funny, they wont give me any more cli, credit cards, but are interested in offering me a Business card or a $100 checking account bonusSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 10
xaximus
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Congrats and nice job not being bashful on the request!  There is a cap that you can ask for online:

borat.png

almost hit it that time, but chickened out and went down to $100k.  LOL

BoA_CLI.png

Interesting note on the additional collateral, though.  I've never seen that one.  DW and I either always got what we asked, a counter-offer (most common until...), or the now dreaded "You have suiffcient credit extended by Bank of America and/or its associates" letter.

I am most definitely doing the highest next time. I thought the collateral was odd too. I'm not sure if I possibly hit a cap or maybe my total CL with BoA is maxed, hence why the collateral question. If they are requesting IV or Tax documents, those I refuse to share. Based on my TCL from BoA (43.5k), I'm fine where I'm at at this point. 

DP - BoA Cash Rewards - $20k, BoA Cash Rewards #2 (PC'd from Platinum awhile back) - $5k, BoA Travel Rewards $18.5k

TCL - Est. $410K
Message 9 of 10
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Hey congrats on that huge CLI!! Always wondered about how high that “shoot for the stars” thing! Smiley Happy
Also any if you guys know if they accept pets as collateral? Smiley Tongue
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.