Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Travel Rewards — my highest limit yet

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA Travel Rewards — my highest limit yet

applied for this over the weekend, but got an auto-decline message due to a security freeze (I had my Social Security number stolen last fall and have been cleaning up the resulting identity theft and credit fraud, wheeeee). temporarily lifted the freeze and called their new accounts department this morning to speak with a very nice credit analyst, who after thoroughly confirming my identity approved me for $5K! that's my highest limit yet, so pretty psyched. wanted this card for the 0 foreign transaction fees and the opening bonus isn't too bad either.

some background in case it's h elpful for anyone: my current FICO scores are in the 730-740 range, they've gone up around 75 points in the past few weeks thanks to some collections that either fell off or were paid off so i'm brand new to this whole "good credit" thing, haha. also applied for a Discover card last week and was approved for $4500. my current cards are a Chase Freedom ($1000, opened 7/2015), Barclays Rewards Mastercard ($1500, opened 11/2016), and the Synchrony Paypal card ($300, opened 1/2017). I have no other revolving accounts, though there are 2 fully paid off auto loans that still show up on my report, and $60K in student loans (current and being paid as agreed); income $85K.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA Travel Rewards — my highest limit yet

congrats! some day I hope to get in with them just for the sake of having an open tradeline.

They keep denying me even though I have no negative anything, 11+ years of history, several years AAoA, etc. Maybe they just love you Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations and welcome to the BOA family!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS!! You are doing awesome. Keep up the good responsible work!!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

as a side note, I was apparently suffering from an itchy trigger finger this weekend and also applied for the Amex Blue Cash Everyday. the app is on hold since they couldn't pull my EXP report due to the security freeze, which I had temporarily lifted for the BoA app but I'm thinking I won't call Amex to let them know they can re-pull. will not let myself get lured in by too many shiny new cards...

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your BoA approval. They can grow fairly quick
Message 6 of 9
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

very nice sl. congrats op. $200 on travel rewards bonus is something great. enjoy.

1/6/2023 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $470K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Sep/2021
Message 7 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

temporarily lifted the freeze and called their new accounts department this morning to speak with a very nice credit analyst, who after thoroughly confirming my identity approved me for $5K! that's my highest limit yet, so pretty psyched.

This is another grand result that Bank Of America is really famous for.

Excellent analysts who WILL go out their way to make a way for many.

Congratulations!! BofA Really ROCKS!

Message 8 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice job on all your approvalsSmiley Happy Your Boa is awesome and can grow bigg but probably with hp luv but your Disco could very well be the monster in the closet. 4500 is a great sl and wouldnt be suprised if you csn get that past 20 within a year or so. Good luck Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.