Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA ...made the $99.9K CL on soft pulls

tag
MachoHombre
Regular Contributor

BoA ...made the $99.9K CL on soft pulls

Forgive the vanity motivation, but a year or two ago @Aim_High wrote about hitting $99.9K CL with BoA and how that seemed to be the cap without HPs. (paraphrasing)

I made mental note and put the idea waaay down on my priority list, but I did occassionally request SP CLI's on my two BoA cards when the opportunity presented itself.     A few months ago, after a couple years of SP CLIs I got to $95.0K  (which I dispursed 90.0K on Premium Rewards and $5.0K on Cash123)

A few days ago I asked for a $4.9K  SP CLI on my Cash123 to take me to $99.9K.  Got the 7 day message  .....and I forgot about it.   

Yesterday, (about a week later) I got the response "approved".

I don't put a ton of spend on these cards, but I like the Premium Reward card and plan on putting more spend on it going forward.   The cash 123 is pointed to "online" for the 3% and gets minimal spend almost entirely of small transactions.    I have a near 20year checking account relationship with BoA, but I'm not a rockstar, but I do believe the time with them is a positive factor.

||
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: BoA ...make the $99.9K CL on soft pulls

Congrats on the increase! That's one of the reasons they're my main bank because a relationship with them can go a long way when you're on that borderline.  

Message 2 of 20
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA ...made the $99.9K CL on soft pulls

Congratulations on your BofA CLI!! 

Message 3 of 20
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Congratulations on the CLI to $99.9K, @MachoHombreSmiley Very Happy   Outstanding!

Thanks for the call-out.  Yes, while it doesn't happen every day, there are several of us on My Fico that I'm aware of that have reached the $99.9K "glass ceiling" with Bank of America, as I like to call it.  They seem reluctant to exceed that without special circumstances or underwriting.  The keys to going higher appear to be either very large investments with Merrill Lynch and/or very high spending.   I know that @simplynoir was able to exceed that cap with heavy business spending between he and DW.   For us "average joes" (credit to @AverageJoesCredit) Smiley Wink  I imagine that $99.9K can be more difficult to beat without very heavy spend, but honestly that's plenty of credit for my needs.  I moved assets to qualify for lower levels of Preferred Rewards "Platinum Honors" but don't have enough to impress them much.   But that's enough to enhance all the earning values of the Premium Rewards and Custom Cash Rewards significantly (x 1.75%), including 2.625% on everything and 5.25% in CCR categories.  Having deposit accounts and even investments with them probably helps to swing the pendulum in one's favor if they are seeking the $99.9K limit. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 4 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on the CLI

Message 5 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on getting the top limit with BoA!!

Message 6 of 20
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your BofA CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 20
fm92555
Regular Contributor

That is awesome!

How long have you had the cards and what was your starting credit line with them?

Message 8 of 20
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

Congratulations on the CLI to $99.9K, @MachoHombreSmiley Very Happy   Outstanding!

Thanks for the call-out.  Yes, while it doesn't happen every day, there are several of us on My Fico that I'm aware of that have reached the $99.9K "glass ceiling" with Bank of America, as I like to call it.  They seem reluctant to exceed that without special circumstances or underwriting.  The keys to going higher appear to be either very large investments with Merrill Lynch and/or very high spending.   I know that @simplynoir was able to exceed that cap with heavy business spending between he and DW.   For us "average joes" (credit to @AverageJoesCredit) Smiley Wink  I imagine that $99.9K can be more difficult to beat without very heavy spend, but honestly that's plenty of credit for my needs.  I moved assets to qualify for lower levels of Preferred Rewards "Platinum Honors" but don't have enough to impress them much.   But that's enough to enhance all the earning values of the Premium Rewards and Custom Cash Rewards significantly (x 1.75%), including 2.625% on everything and 5.25% in CCR categories.  Having deposit accounts and even investments with them probably helps to swing the pendulum in one's favor if they are seeking the $99.9K limit. 

Yeah, @Aim_High pretty much nailed it. According to @Trikoret I believe when I asked or it came up on another thread it helps to have a lot of money with them in addition to the spend. With both apparently the sky is the limit and even just having one and a little of the other is enough to get to the...soft limit I guess is the best way to say it of their $99.9k threshold. Anymore than that and the big numbers (deposits, investments, spending) come into play. But it's definitely possible for sure in any case

Congrats on the increase, @MachoHombre 

Message 9 of 20
mgood
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 24
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.